At The Beginning With You

(music ringtone)

*We were strangers, starting out on a journey. Never dreaming what we've had to go through. Now here we are, and I'm suddenly standing, at the beginning with you. *

*No one told me I was going to find you. Unexpected what you did to my heart. When I lose hope, you were there to remind me. This is the start.. *

(mumbles) "Hm, what time is it?

*And life is a road that I wanna keep going, love is a river I wanna keep flowing, life is a road, now and forever: wonderful journey. *

"Yes, I'm up. Awake."

*I'll be there when the world stops turning. I'll be there when the storm is through. In the end, I wanna be standing at the beginning with you. *

(knock-knock-knock)

"Miss Emilia, ma'am, are you awake?"

"Yes, indeed I am." *yawns*

"Breakfast is served, ma'am, and your father is waiting for you at the table."

(listens to the door; and hears a snore)

knock-knock

"uhm, madam?"

*startled*

"yes! hello?" *stretch and yawn*

*hesitantly* "breakfast with your father, ma'am?"

*opens one eye* "oh yes, uhm, good morning. I'll be there in a minute. *yawn* thank you."

As much as I love the comfort of my bed, I need to get up and eat with my dad, the very least we could do before he starts his busy day, as usual.

Oh by the way, as I'm opening my window and feeling the freshness of morning breeze, I am Lia - short for Teresa Emilia Marie Walker.

My father, Stefan Walker, once said to me and my big brother, John Tristan that we actually are royalty. Believe it or not, but yes. Father said our grandfather is a Duke in England.

He wasn't particular with the details but he simply said, 'I don't want to strip you off of anything. When the time comes, whatever decision you make I will always be here for you. And your mother I'm sure will be so proud too.'

Hm, at first I thought, wow I'm a real princess?! But then there's something about father's words that made big brother doubt. About everything actually.

He thinks that father ran off with his responsibility as an heir to the throne and marry mother who isn't royalty and chose a simple life.

Well, the life he chose is not particularly simple. Father owns a company of luxurious hotels, restaurants, malls, hospital, oh and he also have schools. Totally not simple.

When he said about he didn't want us to strip off of anything, big brother and I didn't really felt it. We actually are more privileged enough because of their hardwork.

That is why every morning, it has become our ritual to have breakfast with him. It is the only time we have with him and to me, I perfectly understand.

Well, I think this dress is beautiful enough. Knee-length white lacy dress, with a touch of blue lacy ribbon at the back. I matched it with silver white flat shoes and tied my hair up in a bun. Racing through the corridor, down the stairs, I always make loud entrance to the kitchen so father would knew I'm coming, and am always successful at it. Any second now, he'll be--

"Haha, good morning Teresa" ah, my reward. Father's gentle green eyes and warm smile.

"Good morning father, " *kiss on the cheek*

"How was your sleep?"

I asked as I sit on the chair beside him.

"Very warm, darling. Thank you for that socks you made for me."

Father replied giving me that fond smile.

"Oh, it's nothing father. The very least I could do for you, really."

I actually made him socks. I'm pretty handy when it comes to sewing and embroidery too. Since rainy season is up ahead, I figured dad would need them.

"Thank you still. And it's not least, correction. A present from my princess is the most precious thing in the whole world."

"I second the motion father. Good morning po."

Oh, big brother's here. He approached and sat across me.

"Thank you and good morning to you too kuya. Where were you last night? I almost slept at the doorstep waiting for you."

Well he promised we'd watch King's Speech for my reaction paper last night. He is very good at observing and analysing characters, so...

"Oh, sorry Lia. I completely forgot about that. It's just something happened with one of the band member's family. You remember Troy?"

"Yes?" my heart skip a beat at the mention of his name.

*sighs* "His mother and sister was in an accident. His mother is still unconscious back at the hospital. Unfortunately, her sister didn't make it."

I dropped my fork out of shock.
What?! Trixie? She's still very young. No... Poor Troy. I furrowed my brows listening to kuya's words as how tragic the accident was.

I couldn't help my tears from rushing. I know exactly how it felt like to lose someone dearest to you. The unbearable feeling of sorrow and loneliness.

"I went to the funeral last night to see them. And its just painful seeing how devastated Troy looks."

"Son, send them any help that we could give. This is tragic for all of the members."
-

"Yes father, I already told my staff to cover all the hospital bills and funeral expenses."

"For the meantime, who will perform at the bar?"

"I think last night, Rachel asked one of Elvie's crew. The one who plays with the band whenever someone couldn't make it."

*sigh*

This salad looks really good and appetising but....

"Lia?"

"Teresa... Princess.."

Oh, kuya and father has been looking at me for a while now. I barely hear them discuss arrangements for helping Troy's family. That news is just.... It's like a nightmare but real which is more frightening.

"I'm sorry. What happened with Trixie-- *swallow* what happened, again?"

Before I noticed, my lips were trembling. I bit my bottom lip as I let out a raspy sob.

Father is holding my hand now. What if something like that would happen to us too? What if Father and kuya leave me? What will happen next? What should I do? How am I supposed to---

" Lia, calm down. Okay? Father and I are here, stop overthinking about those things."

Kuya's infront of me now, on bended knee.

"Shh, sweetheart.. It's okay. We will help them, okay? His mother will be fine. And his sister, don't worry, she's with your mum now, she will take care of her. Okay? Calm now..."

Family hugs are the best, and I wish Troy has them too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After refreshing myself, I decided to come and visit kuya's workplace. I'd like to see if everything is okay. Somehow this will help me breath and think of plans that will help kuya and the building.

Kuya left almost immediately after breakfast. He has more works and places to go to. So I'll have to drive myself all the way to café resto.