Diana had sat up and look Nick right in the face. "Hey, you touch me with that knife, you better kill me the first time" She threatened. 

While Mr. Feeny was in the front dealing with that, Cory was listening to the game. "Cory," Shawn whispered.

"Huh?" Cory asked

"What's the score?" Shawn asked.

"Bottom of the third, 2 outs. Dykstra's on second, and kruks on first, 3, and 2 to Daulton." While Cory was explaining the game, Mr. Feeny came over and removed Cory's hand from covering the earbud. 

Shawn and I quickly straighten back up. "What's this Mr. Matthews?" Mr. Feeny asks taking the plug out of his ear. 

"Huh? W-What did you say, Mr. Feeny?" Cory said.

"Mr. Feeny, Cory can't hear you because you just took his hearing aid," I said trying to cover up for my brother. 

Of course, Mr. Feeny doesn't believe my lie and pulls the radio away from Cory. He puts the plug into his ear and starts to tell us what's going on. 

"Smoltz delivers, Daulton swings. Oh, he got a piece of that one. It's a long drive deep to center," As he explained what was happening we got more excited

Mr. Feeny continued, "Otis Nixon back, back to the warning track climbs up the wall and.." Mr. Feeny pulled the earpiece from his ear and shut off the radio. I throw my head back and groan in annoyance. The boys put there heads down on the desks.

"Mr. Matthews, Romeo and Juliet  is Shakespeare's ultimate testament of love between a man and a woman." Mr. Feeny explained. 

Before he could say more Nick was screaming for help as Diana had him pinned against the desk ready to attack. I laughed to myself because it was a pretty funny sight.

"Miss Kincaid, thank you. Thank you for that.. vigorous interpretation," He said prying her off of the boy. 

When he handled the situation he turned back to the class. "Mr and Miss Matthews you do not listen to the ballgame in the middle of my class," He said

"Wait, what did I do?" I asked.

"You're in trouble by association and trying to cover his lies." I huffed and sat back in my seat. 

"Figures" I whispered.

"Mr. Feeny, who cares about some guy who killed himself over some dumb girl," Cory asked. I made hurling sounds just so that he could get his point across.

"The tragedy here, Mr. Matthews, is not about a dumb girl or the boy who kills himself because of her. It's about the all-consuming power of love and the inevitability of it's influence on each of our lives."

I stood up "If I may step in, you do realize we're only 11 years old, right?" I asked

Mr. Feeny looked at Cory and me. "You do realize that you both have detention Friday afternoon, right?"

"No, actually, I did not realize that," Cory said. 

--------------------

(Y/N shares a room with Morgan)

When Cory and I had got home we ran upstairs. I threw my bag in my bedroom and went to his and Eric's room. I could hear Eric on the phone but I walked in anyway.

"Yes!" He shouted.

Cory walked in and did the same thing. I laughed at them because they both looked ridiculous. "Yes!" Cory cheered

"Phillies won 8-3!" I exclaimed.

"I'm going out with Heather Ralston!" Eric cheered. Even though I was happy for my big brother I hoped it wouldn't change our plans for the game Friday.