The day YOU danced.

Seconds turn into hours and days to months. Your first semester is coming to a close and the holiday season is on full force. You stare outside your class room window, only minutes until the bell rang when,
"...my parents are going to love you." Tom says.
You turn towards him and with a dazed look respond,
"What about your parents?"
"Were you listening to a word I was saying?" He says in a playful manner. "Sorry. I'm just feeling a bit nostalgic. Remembering the holidays back home." You respond.
Tom then takes your hand and fiddles with your fingers.
"Are they happy memories?" He asks. You pause and think back to all the disastrous Christmas parties that only caused more conflict between your family. You say,
"Ummm, I wouldn't say happy. They were pretty boring but they're the type of parties you love to hate"
"Well, you'll love the ones back home" You rest your head on the palm of your hand, as you lose yourself into his glistening blue eyes. He leans in to give you a kiss when,
"So class, before you leave today what was your favorite part of the semester?" asks your professor.
"That time class was cancelled " says one of Tom's rugby mates.
Everyone bursts out laughing and before the professor could say anything the clock rings in the hour for class to end. ---
You both walk, hand in hand, shuffling your boots through the fluffy white snow. Your silence was amicable when Tom comes to an abrupt stop.
"Why'd you stop?" You ask.
"Can you hear that?"he says.
You paralyze all your senses but your hearing only to spot the sound of a waltz. You direct your look towards Tom, as he smiles down at you.
"Shall we dance?" He asks.
You pause as you try to register Tom's request. You look at him and remember why you fell in love with him; for his spontaneous nature. You then, take a step back and extend your hand out. He bows and takes your hand gently and pulls you close to his warm body. You burry your face into his chest and let him guide you, step-by-step. He lowers his chin onto your head and picks up his arm towards your face. He lifts your chin as you smile back at him. His stare almost seemed endless when he asks, "
" Why do you love me?"
"Do you want a cliche answer or the deep rooted truth?" You ask.
"Mmmm. Both sound great, but how about you tell me a lie instead." He says with a smirk.
"Well, because I don't love the way you endlessly stare at me. Because I hate the way you go out of your way to make me happy. Because I despise your warm body on mine to keep me safe." You say playfully.
He smiles cheek-to-cheek and tells you, "And I love you because you're a great liar."
He leans in and kisses you gently, pressing his hand up against your back. You run your hands through his curls and pull him in tighter for a second kiss. You whisper a promise Tom would never break as long as you were together,
"Never let me go".