viii. Killer Queen

Start from the beginning

         She wasn't a monster. Somedays, perhaps. In instances, yes. She's done thing she's not proud of. Pre-summer Lux never would've imagined herself killing another person. That wasn't even a possibility for her. But post-summer Lux had killed lots of people, drained them of her alluring blood, licking her lips after.

         A rush came with blood on her tongue, a rush that made killing worth it. She held on, grasping her victims tightly, drinking greedily until there was nothing left. But after the rush, once the human was dead, there came a fall. Guilt. Unimaginable guilt of what she just did, horror at herself for being to kill without thought, and a need to make things right.

         To bury them.

         Lux Morgan wasn't a monster, not like Damon, but she wasn't an angel either. Not anymore. But what if they couldn't see past this? What if they saw the fangs, the blood, and never looked at her the same again? What if she lost Elena in an attempt to be honest?

         She couldn't think of that.

         Not now.

         Cracking her head, she stood up, swinging her bag across her shoulder. Her phone buzzed on top of her bed, stopping her in her tracks. Stefan texted.

         Vicki's at the boarding house. Come when you came.

         So there goes school.

         She groaned. He didn't specify she had to skip, just come when she could, but how could she go to school? Elena might be ignoring her, Vicki needed help, and the brothers probably had it, but still. It wasn't like she was excited to go to class anymore...so what's one day?

         "Still fasting from breakfast?" Timothy asked when she passed through the kitchen.

         "Yeah," she nodded, "Doesn't really sit well with me anymore."

         Timothy looked her up and down. His gaze made her shuffle, scrutinized under it. Most of all, he looked concern, and she hated the way her throat clammed up at the thought he could be worried for her. Seeing if she was skipping meals, losing weight, if anything was wrong.

Human food didn't taste the same, more like mush in her mouth that she could push down if needed but no longer salivating. Dinner she forced down, a small lunch too, but she couldn't manage to eat breakfast on top of that.

         "Lucy-Lu..."

         "If I eat too early now, it just makes me sick," she cut him off, "I'm fine, Uncle Tim."

         He didn't look fully convinced, but didn't argue further. That was as much as she was going to get. "I'll see you after school," she waved goodbye, getting into her car and driving to the Salvatore boarding house.

         Pulling up, she slammed her car door shut and left herself inside. Finding them easily in the living room, Vicki in the couch, Stefan in Damon in opposite chairs.

         Damon raised an eyebrow before turning to Stefan. "You invited her over?"

         "Thought she deserved to know."

         "It's not like she'll be much of a help," Damon rolled his eyes.

         She huffed. "I'm a vampire, which means I need to be involved with anything vampire related in town. This falls under that."

         Vicki looked up, frowning. "You're one, too?"

         She looked at the girl, someone she's known for years. Vicki Donavan wasn't Caroline or Elena; they weren't girls who peopled demanded perfection from. The town looked at them like they were God's gift to humanity; pretty, privileged, and of founding families. Juxtaposing the pride people held for her friends, they looked at Vicki Donavan with distain.