"alright, anymore than forty five minutes and i'm calling you to come out, okay?" jeffrey told the girl as he pulled the car to a stop in front of sammy's house. margo nodded her head, her eyes glancing to the two story house that was merely ten minutes from theirs. diana had left for work, margo pulled the i'm sick and dumped the thermometer in her mug of hot tea jeffrey made when diana turned her back. it worked, her mother was oblivious to their plan, and she left for work, telling jeffrey to take care of the girl while she headed out the door.  the two left shortly after that, jeffrey didn't feel good about keeping margo home from school, but one day wouldn't hurt her.

"okay, where are you gonna go?" margo asked, turning her head to look at him, her eyes traveling downwards before coming back up. he had put on a dark pair of jeans and a white t-shirt, though it was rather simple, margo would never get tired of seeing him in it, especially the shirt. margo reached forward and snatched his sunglasses off his eyes.

"those are mine, brat," jeffrey joked, though made no efforts to take them back. "and i'll just go get a coffee or something.. i won't dump you here," the man smirked at margo's worried expression. the blonde rolled her eyes, sliding his sunglasses onto her face before pulling at the door handle to push it open. after shutting it behind her, jeffrey watched the girl walk up the cement path leading up to her door, the blonde had on red high waisted shorts with a matching crop top, the straps tied into bows on top of her shoulders, and the color always made her hair look brighter and her tan look darker.

he sunk his teeth into his bottom lip as he watched her from behind, his tongue poking out to lick his lips. he truly didn't know how margo was diana's daughter, they resembled nothing of each other, margo was small, blonde and her legs were over half her body, diana was none of those things. he guessed she was a twin to her father because she for sure got no physical traits of diana.

the first time margo was around one of jeffrey's friends, it was at a dinner party for his work, margo and diana had left to use the bathroom, and as soon as the girl was out of hearing distance his friend almost immediately turned to him and said. "she's gonna be a fucking heart breaker. like, she's insanely hot. how is that her mother?"

jeffrey jabbed him in the stomach with his elbow as hard as he could for the remark he made about the girl, though that was the day his thoughts started brewing about her. not that he hadn't noticed it before, it just made it so much more clear hearing someone say it out loud. it grew deeper when he began to get closer to her, he found out what her favorite ice cream flavor was, how she could never sleep without her tv on, she was afraid of the dark and her favorite disney movie was tangled. she was the most sensitive girl he had ever met, she cried at almost anything and everything, including tv character deaths and whenever she saw a stray cat.

she liked to lay her head on his lap when they watched movies on the couch, the first time she did it was in front of diana so jeffrey never thought anything of it. when they went to restaurants the two sat side by side, same for movie theaters and plane flights. diana never questioned it so neither did jeffrey, but as he sat there and re thought everything, he started to wonder. the scene in front of margo's school the previous day almost made him lose all control and all she did was put her hand on him through his jeans. it was ridiculous, really, he was a grown man and that was all it took for him to almost throw her in the backseat.

if his instincts were right and diana was cheating on him, he'd divorce her. then the only issue would be margo's age. he was good at keeping secrets, and judging by margo's visible want for him, he'd guess she would be too.