Chapter Two: The Second Night

Comenzar desde el principio

Richie scoffed, "Yeah, nice story you've got there. I can make up some better fucking stories than that. I mean.. if it was like, what, a dead corpse doing the Macarena, that'd be better than that." he chuckled at himself, appreciating his own type of weird humor.

Richie reached the end of the vent and tumbled head first into the Primary Control Module. Getting up, he examined the room, just noticing that there was a empty clown mask hung up over the vent in front of him, between Ballora and Funtime Foxy's showrooms. He cringed, knowing that the mask had brought back memories of Pennywise and the clowns at the Derry fairgrounds.

"Okay, let's start with your nightly chores," HandUnit said.

Richie knew what to do. He pressed the button to his left to see if Ballora was in her showroom, but it was already clear to him that she wasn't, and he was right. Her stage was empty. Reaching for the red button beside it, he pressed it, hoping for a nice flicker of the lights. Though this time was even worse than the night before; there was weird warbling noises instead that echoed in the room. Ballora was still not there, however HandUnit had instructed Richie to move onto Funtime Foxy instead.

He reached for the light button again, but there was suddenly a low buzzing sound. Richie froze, not moving. Something was bound to happen, but he was not ready to have his live be taken away just yet.

"Great.. great.. great.." a deep voice sounded over the speaker, or maybe it was from somewhere else.

Finally, HandUnit's normal voice came back on. "There seems to have been a problem with the voice synthesizer. Default settings have been restored. Please proceed through the vent ahead of you to Circus Baby's auditorium."

Richie did what he was told, taking a couple steps towards the vent in front of him and squeezed his body into the small vent. Whilst he was crawling, he felt a weird feeling flow through him. He could feel it everywhere; his head, his chest, the way his back tingled. Richie realized what the feeling was; it was the feeling of unease. He'd felt it before, when he was in the Neilbolt house.

A robotic female voice echoed through the vent, "Motion trigger. Circus Gallery event."

Once he reached the end of the vent, he quickly got out, making sure he didn't fall this time. He was quite disturbed; mostly by the fact that a dead body was found in the vent he crawled through before.

Richie was told to check the light to see if Baby was in 'proper working order', and he pressed the button. Again, the animatronic was not there, and he pressed the red button beside the green to shock her, before checking the light once more. He was instructed to do another controlled shock, and hesitated before pressing it again, but the button pretty much didn't do anything at all.

"There seems to be a power malfunction that is affecting our ability to properly motivate Baby. Please stand by, while I reboot the system," HandUnit announced. "I will be offline momentarily during this process. Various other systems may be offline as well such as security doors, vent locks, and oxygen-"

No oxygen? Wasn't that what humans needed to breathe? Richie needed oxygen to stay alive; he couldn't just suffocate and die. Quickly thinking, Richie gasped and pulled his shirt over his nose and mouth, which hopefully could allow him to breathe for a little bit before the oxygen runs out.

"Commencing system restart."

There was a quick buzzing sound as the speaker turned off and the lights slowly turned off one at a time. Richie stood in silence, breathing heavily as he waited for further instruction.