06 : A Keeper's Job

Start from the beginning

"Look around," I ordered and from Nel's eyes, I scanned everyone from the plane.

Fortunately, everyone seemed to be humdrums.

"It's safe," I concluded.

Jett heaved a sigh of relief. I'm sure he and Cliff were still lightheaded after what Nel did. My lips curved up, remembering their terrified expression a few hours ago.

"Keep the line connected," I said. "I want to know everything."

"Roger," Nel responded. "Keep us alive."

"Of course."

After that, their plane finally departed.

***

Almost 15 hours later, they had landed on Bucharest, Romania. They had to hike the Transylvanian Alps, which would probably take about a day.

Nel started grumbling along the way. She didn't like hiking that much and I'm sure her injuries weren't completely healed yet so it would be physically taxing for her.

"Want me to carry you?" Cliff asked, chuckling. "Kiddi—!"

Before he could even tell he was just joking, Nel was already climbing on his back.

"Hey!"

"What?" she asked, feigning innocence. "You offered."

"I didn't mean it—"

"Ah, I'm tired."

Jett started walking, maybe afraid that Nel might do that to him, too. Cliff couldn't complain anymore and just followed Jett while carrying Nel on his back.

I thought she had matured after what happened but I guess it wouldn't be easy, especially when she's with those two.

I had been keeping an eye on them, telling the right path they should follow and avoiding places where wild animals and poisonous plants were sighted. A few hours ago, they had to run after crossing paths with a brown bear because they didn't hear what I was saying. 

"See that yellow tree over there?" I said, raising my voice.

"Yeah," Jett answered.

"Go to that direction."

"Roger."

Cliff was still carrying Nel and it looked like he didn't mind it anymore. Well, I'm sure that would be for the best since the bear might outrun her if she wasn't carried by him.

Almost an hour later, they reached the tree I was talking about and a boulder came into their view.

"Something's written here," Jett remarked and I told Nel to look at the boulder.

 ҁѫǂϫ•⨳ͽ⊱•ҁᴥ•ҁѫҩ•ϫѫѯǂᵻҩ•ᴥϕ•⊱ҵҵжͽ∎•ᴥᵻҩ•ᴥϕ•ҁѫҩ•Ϟǂҵҵͽѯϫ•ᴥϕ•ѫϭᵻҁѯҩϫ•ҁѯǂ⧝ҩ ↣

"The Yllka Shrine," Nel noted.

"It's near," Cliff added.

They followed the direction but they halted when the path ended with a cave.

"Should we enter this?" asked Cliff.

"Yes," I said. "Look at the side of the cave. There's an Erityian inscription."

The three of them approached the cave and nodded when they saw the inscription I was talking about. They went inside and I couldn't see anything anymore.

"Hey, you guys still okay?"

"Yeah," Jett responded.

It took them thirty minutes to finally find the exit, but before I could see it, the connection was cut. I couldn't hear nor see anything.

"Hello? Nel? Cliff? Jett?"

Nothing. I tried calling them again but to no avail. They weren't responding.

For a second, I was worried, thinking that they got buried before they could leave the cave. But then, I thought maybe, the shrine would cut off any interferences from the outside world. I hope that would be the case.

I threw my device on the raft and heaved a sigh. I wanted to know what was going on but there were no ways to contact them anymore.

I guess I have to wait.

I just hope they are safe.

***