i can't expect him to have love for me when he doesn't love himself

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, me too. I'm just a little nervous because this is such a dramatic change from what people are used to seeing."

"Why? You get to step out your comfort zone and finally express yourself through other mediums. Both of you."

"Yeah, but looks are an easy target for insults and I know I don't really care for the judgement of others in that sense but I'm going to be unsettled all day knowing not everyone is going to like it."

"You look nice. People will have their opinions but that doesn't change the fact that you look nice." Millie gave him a smile and pushed herself off the counter to grab something from the fridge. "I'm sure Louis does too and who knows, maybe this could change the way you dress from now on."

"We'll see how today goes and if it's alright, maybe I'll dress like this more often."

"Fair enough. Want something to eat?"

"No, I should be heading out about now. Thanks for the confidence boost mum. Love you." Millie returned the phrase and watched her son head towards the door. He loved talking to his mum but he was just so eager to see Louis.

[Harry]: ready baby?

[Louis]: Don't call me that.

[Harry]: i'm rolling my eyes at you

[Louis]: Wouldn't expect anything less.

[Harry]: ready to go?

[Louis]: No, but I don't have a choice now do I?

[Harry]: come out at 7:04

[Louis]: So specific.

[Harry]: just do it

When four minutes past seven came around both boys were hesitant to leave their homes. There was anticipation to see the outfit they picked for the other, yes, but once they stepped out there was no turning back and they'd be vulnerable with huge targets on their backs for anyone to scrutinise. But they manned up and stepped out their homes and faintly saw the other from across the way. Harry took a deep breath and walked across the street to meet Louis at the end of his drive. The closer and closer he got, the more he had to keep reminding himself to not lose his mind at Louis' look. It was going alright until he finally got a good glimpse of what Louis looked like.

He nearly lost his mind.

His jaw quite literally dropped to the floor and he stopped just before the curb. "My god," Harry gasped, his eyes gaped at the sight before him. Louis wore black dungarees that clung to his body nicely with a hole in one of the knees paired with a long-sleeved shirt with multi coloured vertical stripes ranging from green to red to yellow to blue. To top it off he wore a red jacket that hung loosely on his shoulders and white Adidas superstars with black stripes and yellow crew socks underneath. And the icing on the cake was the rolled-up cuffs on his ankles. Harry died. He physically felt his heart stop and his soul leave his body because Louis was hands down the prettiest thing he'd ever seen.

"How do I look?" Louis asked with pink tinted cheeks as he looked down to the ground, afraid Harry wouldn't think it looked as good as he first anticipated when putting it together.

Harry was at a loss for words. How could he possibly put into words just how lovely Louis looked in his outfit? "Uhhh, um." Harry stuttered, trying to figure out how to breathe and walk again. "Would you believe me if I told you that you are the best-looking human being on planet earth right now?"

"Just right now?" Louis joked with a smirk and his flushed cheeks getting a deeper shade of pink.

"Ever. The best-looking human being to ever roam this planet."