You're not Dad

The end of the Holidays came much too soon for Edmund's liking, and before he knew it he was stood on the train platform with Peter and Susan, waiting for the train to take them back to school.
He let out a sigh as he stood there - having been unable to find a bench this time - the last thing he felt like doing right now was going back to school.
He glanced up at his brother, having seen him look down at him. But the second Edmund made eye contact with him, Peter looked away.
Edmund looked away too, a small, slightly angry frown on his face.
The holidays had been anything but fun, seeming as he and Peter had been getting into alot more fights and arguments than usual, to the point where it had driven Susan, Lucy and their Mum all mad.
Edmund got annoyed at Peter for the slightest thing, especially when Peter said that everything would be fine and that their Dad would be home soon.
That annoyed Edmund the most, that and Peter telling him what to do.
He knew deep down that he himself was the cause of many of the arguments he had with his older brother, but couldn't bring himself to own up, and that made Peter angry.
Edmund also couldn't help but notice that Peter was acting alot more... well, grown up? Acting alot more like he was in charge... acting like - Dad.
Whilst Lucy seemed to like it, and even Susan too, Edmund found it down right annoying. He wasn't used to being bossed around this much by his brother, and he very nearly almost blamed it on his Dad.
The day he had left, when he had said goodbye to Peter, his Dad had said that Peter had to look after them all, and that he was in charge (except for their Mum). Him leaving kind of made Peter "the man of the house" and he was probably taking it a little further than he needed.
Edmund just couldn't find it in himself to he happy anymore... His Dad was away fighting, the threat of the Germans attacking England was overwhelming, the way Peter acted towards him was annoying.
The thought of having to see James again made him never want to go to school ever again, and the fact that he didn't have any friends made it even worse.
He looked up when he heard the train, and without a word Peter walked over, Edmund and Susan following him.
Once they were on the train they found an empty compartment and all sat down.
Edmund tried putting his suitcase above, but still found himself too short.
He caught Peter staring at him and stared back, a questioning look on his face.
With an almost annoyed sigh Peter grabbed his suitcase and quite practically threw it above, before flopping down on the seat.
Edmund swallowed hard and sat by the window, hearing Susan sigh as the train began moving.
The reason that Peter was in such a bad mood with Edmund today probably had something to do with the argument they'd had that morning, and deep down Edmund couldn't blame him.

Edmund scowled as he headed up the stairs to his and Peter's room, where his brother was getting ready to leave for school.
He couldn't believe it! His Mum had just told him to ignore what James had to say and to just avoid him all together.
He hadn't told her what was happening at school with James, so that means someone else did... and Edmund had a feeling he knew who.
Reaching the door he burst inside, causing Peter to spin around from where he'd been knelt over his suitcase, jumping slightly and frowning when he saw Edmund.
"Ed?" He questioned, standing up straight. "What's wrong?"
Edmund glared at him, closing the door a little too loudly and walking across the room, sitting on the edge of his bed. "You told her." He muttered.
Peter frowned. "What?" He asked, looking confused.
"You told Mum about James." Edmund said darkly.
Peter sighed sadly, walking over and sitting beside his brother, who wasn't looking at him. "Ed look." He mumbled. "I'm sorry alright, but I'm really worried, and I don't know what to do."
"And what's Mum gonna do about it!" Edmund exclaimed, standing and turning to face Peter. "I told you not to tell her!"
"I thought that she could maybe give you some advice that I couldn't." Peter explained.
"What other advice is there!?" Edmund shouted. "It's always "Stay away from them" or "ignore them" - don't you think I try?!"
"Ed I know you try." Peter sighed. "But-"
"No!" Edmund shouted. "Avoiding them doesn't work cause they always seem to find me! And ignoring them doesn't work because everytime I try that they hit me!"
Peter stared at him. "Why can't you just except that I was trying to help?" He asked.
"You haven't helped though!" Edmund said, a small frown on his face, but it was easily hidden by the scowl. "You've just made things worse!"
Peter was shocked. "How have I made things worse!" He exclaimed.
Edmund shook his head. "Just stay out of things that don't concern you." He spat.
"Dont talk to me like that!" Peter snapped.
"You're not Dad Peter!" Edmund shouted, sounding extremely angry. "Don't pretend you are."
"I'm not!" Peter protested.
"Yes you are!" Edmund shouted. "You can't tell me what to do or what not to do! You. Are. Not. Dad!" And with that he marched from the room, slamming the door behind him.
Scrubbing viciously at his eyes when he felt the tears appear, he headed towards the bathroom.
Once inside he slammed the door shut and sunk to the floor, pulling his knees up to his chest and taking a deep breath.
He tried to hold the tears back, he really did, but in the end he burst into tears, squeezing his eyes shut as he cried.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
🤧🤧🤧🤧🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺😭😭😭💔💔💔
Edit: Forgot to say thanks to ineffable_narnia for the argument idea 😂😂👍