Homework

Peter sighed a little as he finished the short tale. "He scared me more than I'll ever admit that day." He mumbled, more to himself that to Charlie.
Charlie nodded slowly, taking a deep breath. "Right." He mumbled, not really knowing what to say. "I'll let you go find him then."
Peter nodded back. "I'll catch up with you later." He said.
"Sure." Charlie replied with a smile before heading back down the corridor.
Peter watched him go for a couple seconds before he continued down the corridor to his brothers dorm.
Once outside the door he took a deep breath before entering, peering inside. He knew no one else would be in there, seeming as everyone was having dinner, and he was secretly glad of this.
"Ed?" He asked as he popped his head inside. He spotted his brother sat on the nearest bed, pencil in hand and book laying open on the bed. He had a small frown on his face as he worked, like always.
Edmund looked up when he heard his brothers voice, only to bite his lip when Peter closed the door and walked over. "Peter." He mumbled. "Why are you here?'
Peter raised an eyebrow as he sat on the bed, opposite his brother. "You weren't at dinner." He said. "I wondered where you were was all."
Edmund nodded slowly. "I just wanted to get this done is all." He said, nodding slightly at his book.
"How long do you have until you have to hand it in?" Peter asked, staring at the book.
Edmund hesitated. "Each piece - one week." He said slowly.
"Then why do it straight away?" Peter asked. "And over dinner at that?"
Edmund sighed. "I just thought I'd get it out the way." He said with a shrug. "Gives me more time to do stuff I actually want to do."
Peter stared at him for a moment before taking the book and glancing at the paper.
"I think they're all right." Edmund mumbled.
Peter nodded. "They are." He said slowly. "But that's no surprise. You've always been smarter than most people your age."
Edmund glared playfully at him. "I'll take that as a compliment." He said as he took the book back.
"How much homework do you have this week?" Peter asked.
Edmund stared at him. "A couple pages for each lesson. Four lessons in total." He answered.
"Ed please come and have dinner." Peter sighed. "You have plenty of time to do this." He paused for a second. "And by the looks of it you'll fly through it all easily."
"It isnt actually that hard." Edmund mumbled with a nod. "Alright, I'll come and have dinner."
"Good." Peter nodded. "But I'd hurry up, I dont know how much longer you'll have."
Edmund nodded, closing his book and placing it on the bedside table thing. "Okay." He said, before standing from the bed.
"Come on then." Peter mumbled, leading the way out the dorm.
"You dont have to come with me if you've already had dinner." Edmund said with a frown as they both headed down the corridor.
"I'm joining my friends in the hall." Peter said slowly.
Edmund stared at him for a while. "Right." He said quietly, nodding his head.
Peter stared at him as they walked, quietly sighing. "What do you say we go to the library tonight?" He suggested.
"Why the library?" Edmund asked, frowning slightly.
Peter shrugged. "I doubt there'll be many people there tonight." He said slowly. "We could have a while to ourselves?"
Edmund swallowed hard before shaking his head. "You'll want to stay with your friends." He mumbled. "You know, staying up til midnight, talking."
Peter bit his lip. "Come on Ed." He sighed. "Please?"
Edmund looked up at him before smiling a little. "I'd like that." He said, nodding.
"Good." Peter chuckled. "Say 7pm?"
"Sounds good." Edmund replied.
Peter smiled at Edmund before ruffling his brothers hair.
"Peter!" Edmund cried, a playful scowl on his face as he quickly ducked out the way.
Peter laughed kindly as they reached the hall. "You coming to sit with me?" He offered.
Edmund smiled slightly. "You know what, you go." He said.
Peter frowned. "You sure?" He asked.
Edmund nodded. "You can't go the whole school year looking after me and whatnot." He said.
Peter shrugged. "Maybe I could." He said, a small smile on his face.
"Its not fair on you." Edmund said. "Go on, join your friends. I'll see you tonight."
Peter quite clearly hesitated but in the end nodded slowly. "Only if you're sure?" He double checked.
Edmund laughed slightly. "I'm sure." He said. "Now go!"
Peter laughed too. "Alright." He said. "See you later."
Edmund nodded. "See you later."

☆☆☆

Edmund smiled a little as he left his dorm, on the way to meet Peter at the library. He clutched two books tightly to his chest - his homework. He knew Peter probably wouldn't allow him to do it but it would be worth a try.
He walked for a little while longer until he rounded a corner, only to collide with someone, sending him reeling backwards and onto the floor, his two books flying across the corridor.
"Ow." Edmund muttered, setting his face into a scowl before looking up, only for his face to fall seconds later.
"Well look who we have here."
Edmund swallowed hard as he stared up at the group of boys, the "leader" staring down at him with a smile on his face.
"Where you off to then?" He asked.
Edmund didn't say anything, and only watched as one of the other boys walked around him and picked his books up off the floor.
"Off to the library?"
"Y-Yes." Edmund stuttered, slowly standing.
"Why?" The leader asked.
"To - To see my brother." Edmund said hesitantly.
All the boys laughed. "Here that James." One of them sneered.
The leader, obviously James, nodded with a laugh. "You're brother is quite the little protector isn't he?" He said.
Edmund said nothing in reply to this and just stood staring at them all.
"But, he's not here now is he?" James said, eyes narrowing.
"I - I should get going." Edmund said quickly, staring at the boy who had his books.
"You want these?" The boy laughed. "Pity." He added, before ripping them both straight down then middle.
Edmund's mouth fell open, not only had the boy just ruined his books, but now he had to restart his homework.
James chuckled. "Now that your brother isn't here." He said slowly, taking a step forward. "I can finaly teach you who's boss around here."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡
🤧🤧🤧😔😔😔😔🥺🥺🥺🥺❤❤❤❤