I remember how excited Emilia was when she got a text from her elder cousin telling her she'd be coming home.

We were seated in our usual spot in the cafeteria. Just like every other school, each area of the cafeteria was owned by a specific group of people. Like how the so-called popular rich spoiled brats sat in the front side of the cafeteria. While the Gothic people sat in the far corner, leaving the center mixed with the writers, poets, glee club members, and many more.

We chose the seats just near the window to avoid the entire atmosphere of different personalities plus, the view of the outside court was quite serene.

There we seat, laughing at another joke Julian said. Emilia chortles loudly that she ends up snorting like some pig which makes us all laugh once more. Sometimes I just stop and watch these moments. The laughs, smiles, and jokes not forgetting the snorts. These little moments are what we would look back on in the future and smile.

Emilia's phone vibrated against her hip, she quickly picked it up and answered the phone. She called down from her laughter to listen to what the person on the other side was saying.

"Oh My Gosh, are you being serious!?" she asked, jumping up and down in her seat with excitement.

"Of course we'll be there, wouldn't miss it for the world, " the phone call ended. She looked at both of us eagerly with a weird smile splattered across her face.

"So who's ready to party?"

My mind soon drifts away from that memory and finds it's way back to reality, " How long until Emilia gets here?" I asked for the eleventh time that night. My butt was starting to hurt from sitting for this long.

"She texted saying she'll be here in the next ten minutes, "Julian replied checking his text once again.

A dark shadowy figure drew near us. As it came closer, the air got trapped in my throat. There she stood beneath the navy blue sky and suddenly, I was no longer cold. Emilia wore a wrap-around red crop top and faded ripped blue jeans with a pair of white snickers. Her red hair was neatly tied into a bun with smooth edges and curved front strands. The top revealed a medium amount of cleavage and the jeans curved her perfectly.

I need all the strength to make it through this night.

"Wow...Emilia you look.."

"Pathetic, " Julian cut me off with an unexpected comment.

Emilia looked around disappointed, "That's what I was going for, "

"Well then you shouldn't have dressed like that, " Julian glared before walking away.

"Don't mind him, Emilia, " I said and she slowly lifted her head, "you look amazing, "

she smiled, "Thanks Gleam, now let us go party, " she ran off dancing in each step.

Here goes nothing.

The mass of bodies around me was starting to become unbearable. The fact that most of them were inebriated and sweaty but it worse. I tried to find pleasure in cold beer but it still didn't work. So I moved closer to the kitchen and stood by the counter, watching the crowd dance like it was their last day to live.

I watched as some girl puked into a potted plant uncontrollably. While another brunette poured out her problems to her reflection just in front of the fridge. Some other guys had a fight in the corner about something stupid that I can't recall. My first party and all I can say is, alcohol does a lot to people.

And then it hit me, I haven't seen Julian and Emilia in a while. Last time I saw Julian, he was flirting with some brunette in the corner and I'm sure they've gone to do heaven knows what. Emilia, on the other hand, was dancing near the pool outside with some of her friends.

I wonder where she is now.

After contemplating, and arguing with myself, I decided to go look for her. My plan tonight was to win her over. Maybe just maybe intoxicated Gleam would have more confidence than sober Gleam ever was.

So I set out and began to look for her. This house was unnecessarily big, like why would you need all these rooms? I stumbled into the most weird situations in the most awkward place. I found a couple going at it in a sink and another fat guy talking to a plant in a bathtub. Alcohol really makes people do the weirdest shit.

Just when I was about to give up, I heard voices coming from a nearby bedroom. I watched through the door hinges, Julian and Emilia were arguing. Just as I was about to bulge in, something held me in my tracks.

"I said I'm sorry Julian, I'm sorry I want all this way just to impress you?" Emilia begged in a desperate tone, "you've been avoiding me since the kiss and I thought you hated me, "

Julian sighed heavily, " Emilia I would never hate. For goodness sake! I've loved you ever since I laid my eyes on you back in third grade, "

"Then why do you keeping denying me? Why keep all these emotions buried inside of you?"

"Cause Gleam is my best friend, and if he found out I've been secretly seeing the love of his life behind his back, he would never forgive me, "

"We didn't choose to fall for each other, you know that, " She moved a little closer to him.

"Julian I can't just erase how I feel about you, " I teary eyes stared at his.

He glanced deeply into her eyes, "neither can I, " and they kissed right before my very eyes.