Chapter 1

Elyon's POV

I watched from the window as my dad drove into the estate, the move-in truck that carried all our belongings was right behind us. I watched as we passed houses that looked very similar to one another, that's how estates were anyway. My younger sister was right beside me, eyes glued to her phone and Bluetooth headphones against her ear.

In a matter of minutes, we got to the front of our new house. Yes, we just moved in from Abuja. My parents thought it was best to come back to their home. It didn't sit well with me at first because Abuja was the place I grew up in, it was the place where I had friends. My entire life was in Abuja but my parents didn't get that at all. On the other hand, Venus didn't mind the moving. I grew to understand later on.

I came down from the car, breathing in the fresh air. On a normal day, I hated long car rides and this was no exception because I felt car sick. Granddad had sent a car for my Dad to get us all here. I looked back into the car to see Venus still seated and jamming away. I rolled my eyes and tapped her.

"Hey, we are here. For once, get off your phone." I chided her. Venus looked around and got down, looking at the house in awe. Yes, it was a very big house, much bigger than the one we had in Abuja. Venus brought out her phone and started a snap chat video.

"Hey everyone!! We just moved into our new house. It's big right!!!" She swapped the camera to face the house. I rolled my eyes.

"Venus, stop that video. It's risky." I went to her but she didn't even listen to me. Instead, she turned to the camera back to selfie mode and grabbed me.

"And here is my cranky big sister. Always bossing me around because she's two years older than me." She hollered and I pushed her away.

"Get that camera off my face, will you." I glared at her. She rolled her eyes and stopped the video. "You must delete that video. No posting." I ordered and she groaned.

"You are such a killjoy." She said.

"And you are such a pest." I retorted and she stuck her tongue out to me.

"Girls, come one. We need to get our things inside." Our mum, Lyla Damije called from only God knows where. We saw dad paying off the man in the move-in truck who already brought down all our bags and kept them by the door of the house.

"Come on girls. We need to settle in before evening because we having dinner with the Bamidele's." Kelvin Damije, our dad announced and I groaned.

I've heard stories about how the Bamidele's and my parents go way back. How they have been friends since high school days to university days till they all got married and my parents had to move away for work purposes before I was even given birth to. Coincidentally, they lived next door. Deep down though, I was eager to meet them.

We started moving our bags in one after the other into the house. Everything was already set. We didn't need to move in chairs and tables, granddad had already done all that for us. I tried moving one of my big suitcases upstairs only for Venus to sidestep me, almost tripping me over.

"I call dibs on the big bedroom." She yelled. I made to snap back but my mum beat me to it.

"Venus, come back down here." Lyla snapped and I smirked subtly. Venus grumbled and came down, standing beside me.

"Your sister will get the bigger room because she's older than you and she needs all the space she can get. So stop being such a stubborn girl and take the room on the right side of the hallway. Elyon, you take the left. That's your room." Lyla said in a commanding tone causing Venus to grumble and ascend the stairs.