1

Donghyuck rubbed his hands together, trying to make the tingling cold leave his fingers

Donghyuck rubbed his hands together, trying to make the tingling cold leave his fingers. He watched as Renjun made his way around the rink. The male had a certain gracefulness to him that Donghyuck had never been able to comprehend, even jealous off at some point. The movements of his long and slim body were made with precision, but did not seem forced, they were natural, meant to be. The male truly was in his element.

A shiver crawled up Donghyuck's spine and a certain aching feeling returned in his stomach. He knew what Renjun was feeling at this very moment, the utter bliss when every time you would jump off the cold surface and succeed in coming down just perfectly in one effortless motion, the thrill would start in your toes and shoot right up trough your calves, travel up your back and finally your head, releasing the much needed endorphins that made everyone addicted to this one particular sport once they tried it.

It had been almost a year since his downfall in America. The times Donghyuck had dared to step onto the ice again after that would be countable on two hands. His trainer, Lee Taeyong, was furious about the reluctance the normally big mouthed boy suddenly obtained and honestly Donghyuck couldn't blame him.

Donghyuck had always been on the ice. Since he was only five years old he would go along with his mother to this very rink and watch her. At six years he followed his first class, in Taeyong's group and the elder male immediately had recognized Donghyuck's connection to the sport. Besides the fact that his mother herself was someone that everyone in this branch of sport looked up to, Donghyuck had something special. He had a feeling, a deep understanding for the love of figure skating, already at such a young age, purely caused by his utter adoration for his mother. From then on he and Taeyong started training separately, eventually Johnny joined in on their private training sessions and the two elder males had never swayed from his side, medal after medal, they were the steady foundation behind Donghyuck's successes.

Donghyuck had managed to ruin all of their efforts in only five minutes.

He watched as Renjun skated to the edge of the rink and decided to drag himself off the tribune to actually greet his friend instead of slipping into his training session without a word.

"Why are you here this early? Do you have a meeting with Taeyong?" The shorter male asked eagerly.

"No, I just came before my shift to pick up some of my things that Johnny found laying around. I don't think Taeyong really is in the mood to talk to me right now, or ever"

"Don't be so dramatic. He's just trying to encourage you to not give up on everything so quickly" Renjun said with a small sigh. There was a hint of guilt in the elders eyes and Donghyuck knew exactly why it was there.

This year it would be Renjun who'd have the opportunity to go to America and stand in the spotlight. The actual competition was one month away and honestly, Donghyuck was scared for his friend. The Chinese male probably felt like he was replacing him, like he was taking Donghyuck's last chance at redemption.