Dumbledore held up his wand and wordlessly caused light to appear from the tip, y/n and Harry copied after him, trailing behind their headmaster as he picked up his robe slightly and entered into the cave some more, the whole area was quiet with few howls of the storm blowing past them outside. Dumbledore climbing on top of the oddly arranged rocks that looked like ice, though they didn't melt.

"Voldermort would not make it easy to discover such place, careful," Dumbledore stopped them, as the small platform of transparent rocks lead to a pitch black lake, Dumbledore leaning on his hand against a rock, he rotates the wand delicately before tapping the end of his wand as if he was removing the ash from a cigarette.

Harry and y/n watched as another random energy of light left the tip of Dumbledore's wand, rising up into the ceiling only to hover above the black lake, even it's bright light couldn't show what lurked underneath the lake, but it guided it towards another platform of icy like rocks, and paused, indicating it's spot for a possible horcrux.

"There it is, the only question is how to we get there," he pointed to where the beam of light shine even bright.

Dumbledore stood closer to the water, making absolutely sure that he wouldn't fall in and outstretched his hand over the water. Y/n and Harry watched patiently as the black water seemed to bubble underneath his arm, alarming the teens as a rusted old chain was caught in Dumbledore's hand, he handed over to the teens.

"If you would you two," he asked, y/n and Harry were quick on their feet as the pair of them pulled the chain towards them Dumbledore waiting weakly. Poles of wood rose to the surface and a bowl was attached underneath the poles, a small wooden boat being pulled out of the ground, the sides of the boat quite low down.

Once the wooden mouldy boat had reached the teens and elderly man, they boarded it, Dumbledore guiding it over the black lake with worry, leading to a much smaller island of chunks of transparent rocks, Harry and y/n helping Dumbledore up onto the platform, walking over to a taller chuck of rock, where a potion sat inside, it smelled metallic and bitter, a black dust swirled inside of the mixture.

"Do you think the horcrux is in there sir?" Harry asked, pointing his wand to where the substance swum, Dumbledore agreed.

The headmaster, used his blacked out hand to hover over the liquid, watching as his movement caused a sudden ripple underneath his burned out hand, his eyes widened slightly, looking up to where y/n and Harry stood with slight fear in his eyes.

"It has to be drunk, all of it has to be drunk," Dumbledore announced. "You remember the condition that I've brought with me?" He raised his brow towards the teens, to which they nodded, his head tilted slightly. "This potion might paralyse me, might make me forget why I am here, cause me so much pain that ill beg for relief, it's both of your jobs to make sure I keep drinking this, even if you have to force it down my throat," he ordered the children y/n stepped In front.

"Let me take it, I'll drink it," y/n told her headmaster who shook his head.

"Not a chance, I'm much older and much less valuable, you both have good health," he told his students, taking the small clamshell scooper placed on the rim of the bowl.

Dumbledore rose the potion towards his lips, slurping at the liquid, the shallow cup removed from his mouth with a slight lick at his lips until his wrinkled, blue eyes began to budge.