Ugh, 1-A | Chpt 2

Start from the beginning

"You're one to talk," I said, smiling slightly to myself. "I made some friends and I want to have dinner with them in the cafeteria."

"Oh? A night alone with your dad?" I gagged, setting my stuff down in an open chair.

"Blegh! Mic!" I groaned and he laughed, ruffling my hair. I let out a huff and brushed it back with my fingers. "Can you just tell him I want to ask him when he gets here?"

"Will do!" he said and I scooped up my stuff, running up the stairs and throwing my book bag aside. I glanced at myself in the mirror for a quick second before digging out a barrette from one of my bins. I stuck out my tongue slightly, tugging back my hair. I snapped it into place, looking at myself. I grimaced and took it out to try again. I clipped it smoother this time, looking back at my reflection. I could fully see my face this way and I paused, struck oddly by the change. I wasn't sure if I liked it very much. It was times like this when I wasn't at all like my father.

I often suspected that a had little pieces of my mysterious mother in there that made me nervous or goofy around those people I trusted most. My dad was quiet and strong as was I, but there was that part of me that was just not at all him, no matter how hard I tried to be like he was. I might have Aizawa blood, but something just didn't click and I could clearly see it at moments like this. I pulled the barrette from my hair with a tight swallow and tossed it back to sink to the bottom of the bin.

"I like your hair like that," I whipped my head to see my father stood in the doorway.

"I guess," I shrugged. I immediately went in for a hug to which he ran his hand down my hair, lightly hugging back. "Hey, I was wondering if I could go to dinner in the cafeteria with my friends?"

"You made friends? Who are they?"

"Hanako Kobayashi and Ryou Kishi. They're both in the medical course," I said. His lips curled upwards slightly and nodded.

"Of course, but when you come back I need to hear more about them," he replied and I smiled back.

"I want to hear about your new students!" I replied. "After dinner of course." He nodded, pecking my forehead before heading downstairs. I glanced to where the barrette was but left it be this time. I headed downstairs after him, calling that I would be back soon. I headed down the hall to meet up with my new friends, glancing around at the groups of students around the halls. My gaze shifted to a lone student with wild purple hair that reminded me of my dad's when his quirk was in use. He had dark circles under his eyes like my dad too, far more discolored than mine were. He carried a book underneath his arm and slinked past the group of students, going unnoticed. It was strange how much he looked like my dad.

I followed further down the hall to see a lively group near class 1-A's door. I avoided them, figuring such a loud group had a good chance at being in my father's class and I didn't particularly want their attention. I made my way to the cafeteria and quickly spotted Ryou and Hanako, making my way towards them. A boy with neat blonde hair cut in front of me to get to the food line, paying no attention in my direction as he smugly spoke to the 2 other students beside him. I didn't want to know what kinds of quirks people possessed in this building, knowing they were most likely far superior than my own and flashier.

I was slightly disappointed I hadn't gotten my father's quirk, reduced to simply training with him so that I might protect myself. I couldn't be a hero that way, so I settled for helping heal people. That was a noble way to save people too, but it was mediocre considering what was expected of the Aizawa name. I severely didn't want to make myself known to his students and I hadn't in years past, knowing they would be pro heroes and I couldn't even keep up with my father.