𝟶 𝟸 | 𝚛𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚕𝚎𝚜𝚜

SPIETATO
02 冷酷な

PASSIONE WAS ONE OF the most well-known gangs in italy. with almost seven hundred and sixty members, there's no doubt how it was that famous. though numerous teams from the said gang were involved in drug-traffickings, most of the teams seemed to be decent and upright.

buccellati's gang was probably the most decent team from passione. his gang was almost immaculate. or at least that's what you perceived. you've heard him and his team helped a lot of people. it was their mission anyway. to help and serve people, that is.

"signorina? your order please?", you were pulled out of trance. the voice came from a waiter who was beside you and was expecting your order. it seemed like everyone around the table had already placed their orders.

"ah, white truffle pasta and tuscany wine", you replied to the waiter. he nodded before trotting away.

earlier that day, risotto came into your room and asked you to get ready. he told you that everyone would be going out to eat at some restaurant for dinner.

few days ago, the team deciphered the meaning behind the numerous mails they received from time to time, and it was rather gruesome. the pieces were actually parts of a mutilated body who belonged to sorbet, their fallen comrade, who had always teamed up with gelato, who'd also unfortunately died.

their absence when you came in the headquarters wasn't something you questioned to risotto. since risotto never mentioned the two names, your knowledge about them was stark. hell, you didn't even knew there were originally nine of them, and not seven, then you as the eighth.

"illuso, that one on your four o'clock, three tables away", risotto mumbled but loud enough for illuso, who sat beside you, to hear. the latter nodded before naturally turning his head, as if looking around the restaurant. when his eyes met the target, you took heed of how his left eye slightly twitched.

you were puzzled as to why illuso was acting. you're about to ask him when you heard risotto muttered another phrase.

"wait for my signal", his stern voice spoke. at this point, you wanted to ask risotto about what he's talking about, but also not wanting to be a prying fuck to him so you decided to just shut it.

when the food came, everyone around the table either let out a sigh or cheered. you saw ghiaccio's usual choleric face retort into a smirk as melone handed him a ten dollar bill.

"told you it was ours!", ghiaccio laughed, which surprised you because for the first time in two weeks, you never heard him laugh before.

prosciutto and pesci were making a small talk to themselves. you noticed how the former's face slowly grew irritated and you couldn't help but feel bad for pesci. whatever they're talking about, you hoped they would have a good resolve.

you sensed another presence by your side. you turned your head only to caught formaggio, his mouth slightly hung open and almost watering whilst eyeing your dish. when he noticed that you caught him, he looked away, face flushed. a sigh escaped your lips.

"i don't mind. go on", you said briefly with a hint of playfulness. formaggio then looked at you, the same look as what children would do when asking their parents for permission. you nodded to reassure him before he poked a forkful of pasta in his mouth.

"aw shit, this is good. how am i missing this thing?", his eyes sparked when he tasted the truffle pasta that you ordered. you hummed in delight, remembering the same reaction that you had when you first tasted the garlicky pasta. "what's this called?"

"tartufo bianca. had the same reaction when first tasted that. good shit, right?", you said before eating a forkful for yourself. the other chuckled before agreeing with you.

"yeah, good shit. remind me to order this next time when we come back here."

formaggio might not seem like the frisky type, due to his natural menacing aura, but he was. his stand always come in handy in terms of pranking his teammates. one time he snooped inside ghiaccio's room and recorded the irascible man's prolix monologue. after showing it to everyone, the latter was more or less riled up, ready to take the life out of the prankster.

you heard a faint bleugh before you turned your head to ghiaccio who made the noise. his face was red and a sour look plastered over it.

"what the fuck is this? who ordered this for me anyway?", he spat, teary eyed. you noticed formaggio and melone holding back their laughter as the curly-haired male slowly but surely turning feral.

"you did, dumbass", prosciutto sighed. after that, he ate in silence whilst listening to pesci's somewhat annoying voice.

ghiaccio excused himself from the table and went to the restroom. at this point, you realized illuso was nowhere in sight, and so was risotto. you shrugged it off then ate your dinner, with formaggio occasionally asking for another forkful of your meal.

you sensed the atmosphere around the table suddenly shifted, so you looked up from your plate. melone licked his lips, his eyes focused on the leaving lady... or more precisely, her legs. the remaining three male looked at him with an 'are you serious?' look.

"fuck sake, melone. will you stop doing that?", formaggio shook his head in disappointment. his words fell on deaf ears as melone's eyes remained staring at the door, even though the lady already left moments ago.

when ghiaccio reappeared, his face was darkened, along with the two members of the team who previously disappeared mysteriously. a sweat glistened on illuso's temple as they approached your table. you thought they're going to sit back on their spots, but no. instead, risotto said 'let's go' in his usual low voice. the others, including you, stood up and meekly followed him.

upon arriving at the headquarters, formaggio immediately approached illuso.

"clear?", he asked. illuso still had the menaced look as he turned to face formaggio.

"he's a stand user", the raven-haired replied in a low tone. he caught a glimpse of your perplexed look on them. with a sigh, he started explaining to you the situation.

with the aforementioned information about the mails sent anonymously, risotto finally tracked whoever was behind the troublesome racket. he found out that the man had a reservation at a restaurant, hence sending the gang to charge and hopefully get revenge for their fallen teammate.

however, he disapproved of the thought of you knowing about the whole plan, leaving you in what state you were right now— confused.

"we do managed to let him out a few words but other than that, still no clue", illuso said as he plopped down the sofa with an oof. formaggio sat across him as they conversed.

you made your way to your capo's quarters and softly knocked on his door. after hearing a muffled 'come in', you turned the knob then entered the dark room.

there inside was your boss, his back facing you as he scanned the large bulletin board of possible crime suspects. your eyes darted to the two pictures at the center of the bulletin with a label of 'sorbet & gelato'.

"you don't trust me", your voice was hoarse as you spoke. it was more of a question rather than a statement, but due your intimidated state, it came out as what it was.

risotto turned to face you, his black scleras glared at you, "i do. it's them who don't."

it took a solid minute for you to process his words, until you felt a bitter sensation stabbing inside you. your teammates didn't trust you. it's actually them who didn't want you to have a part in the plan, and not risotto.

"i've read your files. that's enough for me to trust you, but i haven't told them about your past so that's explains why they don't", he said, resting a hand on your shoulder.

"maybe it's time you tell them about yourself."

━━━━━━

signorina — miss
tartufo bianca — white truffle
capo — boss