twenty five: Séance

Start from the beginning

"I was so worried. All Might-sensei led a search party to look for you last night but we couldn't find you anywhere."

"Couldn't find me? But I didn't go anywhere- I swear."

Shouto remained silent for a second. "So you really don't remember anything, don't you?"

I tried thinking long and hard but it was always the same in the end.

After dinner, we went back to the villa. That's all I remember.

"I mean, should I remember more?"

Before he could even reply, the door slid open to reveal Katsuki in a state of distraught.

But the second he looked up to see me, relief suddenly washed over his face. "Thank god you're up."

I smiled and was yet again greeted by a tight embrace. "Hey, you. Where have you been all this time?"

"I was with the others looking for you, but you're safe now and that's all that matters."

The heterochromatic-eyed boy cleared his throat which made us both pull away to turn to him. "Isn't there something you should tell her? Something she doesn't remember, per se?"

What a strange thing to say.

I looked back at the ash blonde male and saw how his reaction changed so quickly, like he didn't actually want to remind me of what happened.

He held my hands in his and looked me straight in the eye. "The last time we all saw you was when you walked out on us during dinner."

"That's weird. I'd never walk out on food." I laughed. "Doesn't sound like something I would do at all."

"Let him finish." My childhood best friend added.

Katsuki was hesitant and I could tell he had to muster up his courage in order to say what he had to. "You left because there was this drunk girl who walked in on us. I admit I accompanied her to the bar beforehand but I was forced to. I didn't have a choice-"

"You went drinking with some other girl. Don't try to make excuses, Bakugou."

"Shut up, half-and-half!"

I have to admit I don't fully remember the events that took place last night but I do remember letting that girl have her way with Katsuki. I had a good reason, and that's because I won't be here for much long. That's why I shouldn't stop the man I love from seeing someone else if it makes him happy.

"Agatha, you have to understand-"

"I do." I grinned. "You don't have to explain yourself. You and I aren't together anyway so you can see other people in your spare time."

The two of them blinked up at me.

The red eyed male held my hands tighter as his voice started to break. "N-No.. that's not what I meant."

"Even so, it doesn't really bother me anymore. You go live your life to the fullest. Don't apologize for doing what you want."

"But-"

"Finally, you're up." Aizawa-sensei entered the room. "Todoroki, Bakugou. Can the two of you please step out for a moment? I need to speak with Agatha, alone."

Shouto did as told and left the room without another word. Katsuki, on the other hand, was reluctant at first but eventually followed suit.

I sat down on a nearby desk as my teacher approached me. "Let me guess. You're gonna ask me where I went last night but I'm gonna answer you with the same thing that everyone's heard. So let me give it to you straight, I don't know and I don't remember."