He looked over in anticipation, not the kind where you would be waiting with baited breath or anxiousness, but a calmer, more neutral anticipation that made his features look ready and comfortable.

"I suppose I shouldn't bother you that much. It's alright, it's for a casual occasion so I'll take it and go. Thank you for the offer, though." you take your eyes off the displays and send a small smile his way, wishing that the awkwardness would dissipate and allow you to have a good conversation.

He's too pretty, but another shot won't hurt you, would it?

He offers a quick smile and a nod, then continues to get the flowers placed together for the order. You watch the way the muscles in his face form an expression of seriousness and concentration that awes you simply because it carries such a pure feeling.

Taking a few careful steps about the room, you take in the features of the little florist shop and everything is had up for offer. Obviously, the place had nailed its aesthetic. Warm walls, big windows and the smells of nature's little petite, and voluminous creations. The room was very warm and homely, it had the scent of tea, flowers and coffee mixed into the air as the different aromas and fragrances drifted around place. There was a door that led to a backroom. Probably for all the other flowers, orders and preparations that were left in there to be taken care of. The florist's was smaller in the front, but the backroom was much larger. The door wasn't fully closed. Maybe that's where all that tea and coffee smell is coming from, it could've been a break room as well. Up on one of the walls were notices and papers, presumably, for Valentine's. Valentine's day was right about in a month and it was snowing inches thick that day. No way in hell you'd make such a trip to get gifts in such weather, but a small sacrifice to make a loved one happy is nothing compared to seeing them smile and appreciate what you've done for them. It is love that drives us humans to do crazy, unexplainable, impulsive things anyways.

But only because we want to give our best for our loved ones.

As the florist behind the counter places the flowers down gingerly, he notices that you've been brushing off whatever remnants that were left on your coat after you were finished amusing yourself with all the little place had put up.

He smiles and asks, "Cold day, huh?"

You break a chuckle and respond with, "Yeah, so much snow outside but I didn't put on a thicker coat. But it's still a pretty sight, I'll take it." He looks at you and you wonder what's going through that little head of his.

"You look a little cold." you hear that spoken so softly, it sounded uncertain and worried, as though you were not meant to hear that.

But you did, anyways.

And before you can think of how to respond, your body instinctively replies, "Pardon?"

Oh shit.

Oh fuck.

Oh no.

Now what?

"You seem a little cold," He repeated his words, but louder and more relaxed. "You can warm yourself up here, we have our heaters on." he sounded quietly excited but also strangely, a little fearful.

Fascinating.

Was he nervous? Around you?

Oh my.