The fantasy's head slowly drifted to look at Y/N's direction, he was previously fiddling with his fingers. He glared at her in immense confusion.

"You don't know?"

"Why do you think I asked?"

Logic.

Hanako smiled to himself as he thought of her reaction. She would be 10x thankful as she is already.

He exhaled. He didn't realize he was holding his breath in.

"It's you."

"…"

Y/N's heart felt like it skipped a beat for a second. She fell to the ground and landed on her knees with her head barely dropping.

Hanako didn't get startled at her actions at all. He knew she was going to show something like that.

Y/N tried not to break into tears again but it was too much for her. Her breathing was out of control and the pounds from her heart felt like a pain to her. She was sweating all over.

Hanako got startled by this.

She couldn't hold it in anymore.

Hanako approached her slowly only to find her completely still.

She lifted up her head; he backed up a little.

"A-a-riga-tougozaimashita!" she screamed in hopes that Hanako wouldn't change his mind about being friends.

"Who would want to have a friend like me?"

Hanako's pupils broadened in alarm. He wasn't expecting things to escalate.

It reminded him of his old friend.

The ghost's thought was interrupted as he felt how heavy his stomach got. He checked to see what it was and apparently, Y/N needed some comfort.

She pressed him tightly enough that it wouldn't hurt him.

He hesitated for a second before hugging her back. She felt safe in his hands.

No, she didn't blush this time, that was the apparition.

But Hanako did notice the big, wide grimace on her face. It made him smile and get a little teary, too, despite the condition he was in.

"Why do I need to cry? " he thought.

Y/N L/N, I repeat, Y/N from class 1-A come straight to the principal's office (wherever ya 're)!

They broke their embrace simultaneously as the heard the speech from the PA loudspeaker.

"Huh? What did I do wrong? " Y/N thought to herself, "I ran over to the old building, I summoned an apparition, made a friend, I don't see what they're talking abo-"

"You're late to class."

"..."

"Frick. I think I made Y/N mad…"

"And you knew this whole time! 25 minutes have passed! That's like a whole lesson! Why didn't you tell me?! " she screamed at the poor hallucination as she smacked him on the head just as if she were in an anime.

"Well, I didn't just want to tell you 'Y/N, you're late to class' while you were having your crocodiles waterworks-" he complained as he was rubbing his scalp from back to fourth.

But as he turned to his right, she disappeared.

"Aaaaaaaand she's gone, " he said boredly.

He floated to the door that led to the bathroom and peeked his head out only to see her running forwards; back to the common school building.

He wanted to float after her but instantly opposed his own suggestion.

"Nah, I'll just teleport my way there."

Hanako new the layout of the old/new school off heart because of how long he's been at the school.

Even a student can memorize it.

But Hanako didn't have the interest or the brain to memorize the layout before his death.

"Probably that's why I constantly needed to ask Mr. Tsuchigomori where the bathroom was."

He only learned the layout after his pass.

So, it wouldn't be that hard for Hanako as a school wonder.

Before you could even say 'Hanako' 3 times, he disappeared in thin air and reappeared at the principal's office.

1059 Words