5. The Island

Because of the long wait I made this chapter a little longer. I hope you enjoy!

The last time they thought there was land, it was absolutely nothing. So Ed actually didn't had to go and we could have kissed.

It has been a week and still nothing,

You would think, that it would be fun to be on a ship with your best friend and crush.

Well, I'll tell you one thing.

It's no fun at all...

I swear.

Sure, I have been hanging out with Lu a lot and Eustace is starting to warm up on me again and the captain is my father figure. You might be wondering.. What about Ed?

Well, we haven't talked much since our 'moment'. He only says, 'Hey', 'How are you, 'I am fine' and 'bye', It's all REALLY awkward. Which makes me think he doesn't like me back. I mean, I don't think I just have a silly little crush anymore.

HA, a 16 year old girl who thinks she is in love. Who would have thought of that?

After a while a voice snapped me out of my thoughts,

''LAND HO!''

Well, I guess we finally found something. I hope this isn't nothing like the last time.

I got off the barrel I was sitting on and walked over to Lucy, who was standing on one side off the ship with Edmund. ''Looks like we got something.'' Ed said as I stood between him and Lucy. Ed and I looked at each other and locked eyes for a moment.

After a few seconds I broke the stare and looked at my shoes, blushing. Lu seemed to notice and smirked, while I could see Ed looking at me confused. He just shrugged and walked over to Caspian. ''You're lovesick aren't you?'' Lu asked.

''More like love drunk.'' I groaned while burying my face in my hands. She just giggled and walked over to Aslan knows where. I stood there alone watching out over the seas. ''Beautiful isn't it?'' I heard a voice next to me. ''It is Reep.'' I said to the mouse. He smiled at me, ''You seem to warm up a little here in Narnia.''

I nod, ''Indeed, I really like it here. It's beautiful.'' He smiled even more and his little eyes twinkled. Suddenly my face became serious, ''When will we arrive at the island?''

'' In 2 hours Mila- I mean Kate.'' The mouse responded.

I just nod and looked back at the seas. It was silent for a little while, until Reep spoke up, ''How about a little practice?'' I smiled at him because I knew what he was talking about.

Sword fighting.

I already had some skill of myself, because my father thought me, but Reep thought me a few tricks. ''Sure Reep, let's go!'' Was my response until we went below deck to practice.

*************************************

After 1.5 hours of practice I went back to the room I shared with Lu. I freshened up a little and changed my clothes. Because you know...

I had sweat a lot.

I walked back on deck again and saw that the we were a lot closer to the island. We got orders to go to the smaller boats, which I had to share with Eustace, Reep, Caspian, Ed, Lu and some other people. We rowed closer to the shore. Once we got there Caspian helped me off the boat and smiled kindly. I saw Ed glaring at Caspian out off the corner off my eye but I ignored it.

I walked further with Lu by my side. ''Listen." Lu said. Then I just noticed the silence. "It's so quiet.." I mumbled. "Where is everyone?" Lucy wondered out-loud. I shrugged and walked further with the others slowly trailing behind me.