Chapter 12

Hakeem's P.O.V

Belle finally decided to work with me, to say i am elated is an understatement. I was still acting all professional around her though, i can't risk acting otherwise and having her run away from me again.

It was already weekend, my parents called to inform me of their arrival time. I left my office early after instructing Belle to clear all schedule for the weekend. I don't know how long my parents would stay but i know i can't afford to be out of work for more than a weekend.

I got to the airport just in time to see my parents walking out, i helped them with their luggage and soon enough we were on our way home, my parents house in Abuja.

They were both excited to see me but dad was a little subtle about it than mum. She kept gushing over how much i have changed.

I mean, it wasn't like we do not talk almost everyday and we also skype

They told me they would be in Abuja for few weeks and that we were having dinner the next day with some of their friends.

I got them home and soon enough we were all settled in, thanks to their live-in maid, everything was set and we had dinner together, something that hasn't happened in a while now. My room was already cleaned, so i spent the night with them.

It was morning, we did our prayer together, with my dad leading us, it was amazing. We ate breakfast and i filled them in about my life, business and love life which was non-existent.

Evening came, i dressed up and we were waiting for our visitors. Mum called me up to her room and told me the visitors were dad's friends and they were in the same political party. They were coming with their daughter and i have to be nice to her.

Well now she just got to the point. I am in for trouble.

We went back to the living room and not too long our guests arrived. The father was slightly older than dad but the mother was younger than mum. Then my eyes moved to the daughter, she is a beauty, she was dreassed in an Abayah and head cover just like her mum. But i could see her perfectly rounded curves from the attire. She wasn't as curvy as Belle but she is a beauty to behold.

My mum cleared her throat and i realised i had been staring at the girl for a while now. Weldone Hakeem. I said my hellos and we started eating. All through the conversation mum kept on trying to matchmake i and the girl, whom i now know her name to be Aliyyah. I was already tired. Apparently her parents were the governor and first lady of a state in the north and i guess a union would really boost my dad's political ambitions since dad was thinking of contesting as the vice president of the country in the coming elections.

Once we were done eating our parents excused themselves leaving I and Aliyyah. I decided to try to get to know her.
"So, how was the meal, Aliyyah?" I said with my signatory charming smile.

"Well, it was delicious, what do you do for a living if i may ask Hakeem?" She said with a smile of her own.

Damn! If i wasn't so smitten by Belle, i would really love to marry this girl

"I own a company that ships in cars for sale. So what do you do?" I asked her

"Nothing much, I run an NGO which helps school and provide home for homeless children and also assists and empowers widows." She replied making it sound like its no big deal. But it was, many rich ladies are only concerned about themselves and how much they can spend on shopping.

"So, are you in a relationship? I do not mean to pry but..." i asked again

"No, it's okay. Actually i am presently not in a relationship but if I would ever be, i want it to be a love match." She replied.