chapter four

7 days.
Seven days exact and I'm still waiting for her. I would walk around or wait for her in the front gate, the entrance gate. But no one came.

I don't know exactly when is "next week" Maybe she was just joking. Maybe she was just lying. Maybe she came but I never found her?? Fuck!

The freak show wasn't the same ever since the incident happen. Crystal had a new role.. we all did. There wouldn't be a play anymore or some story thanks to me. I have no idea what Dinah has for us now.

"Michael.." A voice startles me. I turned around and found Crystal

"Crystal?" i ran to her, almost hugging her

But she pushes me away, "No it's okay.. I just... do y.. Are you still waiting for that girl?"

"Well of course!" i grin "she promised."

"You know promises don't really stay.."

"Jacqui's a good person. I know it"

She sighs, "You're a freak Michael. No one would keep a promise to a freak. They think we're a low class!!"

"Jacqui doesn't think I'm a freak!"

"Yet!" she bites back

"Why do you want to keep her away so much huh??"

"Because I care about you Michael! I don't think you're a freak."

"If you really care about me, you'd let me be happy." i start leaving

"Well you aren't going to be happy with her for good!" she yells

Stupid. She's jealous. Why can't she find someone else? I'm a freak.

I pushed the curtains open, immidiately, the light struck inwards.

"Michael!!" Eric calls

"Yeah?"

"The girl! She's sitting at the bench , outside of the tent!" he grins

"Jacqui?"

He nods, describing how she looked like and I quickly made my way there.

Arriving, I found a girl at the same way Eric described. Her hair was scattered, she looked depressed. Why? She's normal.

"Jacqui?" i call out

"Oh Hey." she looks straight into my eyes. I liked the feeling.

"Why so sad?" i

"Nothing really." she sighs, standing up , "Let's go?"

"Where first?" i ask

She shrugs.

"The booths!" I say excitingly, gripping her wrist, pulling her with me.

-

She stayed silent most of the time. It's only been like 5 booths and I did them all. She told me she didn't want to play.

"Why are you like this?" i stop walking

"Huh?" she's more focused now.

"You're not playing" i pout "Why else did you come then?"

"I'm sorry" she mumbles "I wasn't in the mood."

I raise her cheeks with both of my hands, making it show like she's happy.

"C'mon" i laugh

She laughs as well, "Are you sure you aren't a clown?"

I just laughed. "Clowns are happy people."

"You seem like one." she smiles

I smile back, "Thanks."

"So where to? Ferris wheel?"

-

We ate. We had cotton candy and much more. I never fucking felt like this before. I wish everyday would be like this.

We sat down, watching the stars, telling each other about the most embarassing stories and our secrets until she stayed silent.

"Hmmm. What's wrong?" i ask

"My parents" she admits "They fought and let's say they don't really like me."

"Of course they do!"

"I'm depressed , Michael."

"I thought you're normal. Why would you be depressed? You can't be depressed. You shouldn't be!"

She laughs like I'm not serious.

"That's insane ! You're completely normal! Right? You got a perfect life!" i say

She shakes her head, "No one has a perfect life."

It was silent for a moment. Of course I knew she was thinking of something or 'daydreaming'

I rubbed my neck, "Well, it's getting late, Jacqui. The show starts in a bit. I-I need to get ready." i start leaving

Was that even the right thing to do? No Michael! You've been waiting for this! Look what you did!

"Wait!" she calls "I wanna come with you"

"I'm sorry Jacqui, but Candice is very strict with tickets" i admit

As much as I want though...

"I-I could just stay at the backstage. I hope that's okay." she nods

I stare at her for a moment, "Well sure. It's just that, won't your parents be looking for you this late?"

"Nah. They won't even notice" she grins

I shrugged it off and brought her to the tent. And of course, everyone was staring at us again.
Me, for being late and her, for..well.. being here.

"Michael, Get ready" Candice says and I tell Jacqui just to stay there. I swear if Crystal or anyone sees her, they're going to hate me.

-

Jacqui:

I waited. I didn't mind at all. I heard the crowd cheer and I was proud. I was just sitting at this somewhat box.

I knew what I was doing. Of course I did. I won't care. I won't regret this. I've had enough. No one wants me but right when Michael told me to meet him, At first it felt ridiculous. I admit I lied to him when I said I would be here after a week. But I still did.

I was alone but I remembered I had Michael. Maybe he could help me. All I want is to be happy, honestly.

"Jacqui!" a voice alarms me. Of course, It was Michael. Who else?

"How was it?" i ask

"Great actually." he grins but it fades, "But I guess you'll have to go.."

"Oh no no.." i smile "I'm staying."

He furrows his eyebrows and stared at me, "What do you mean?"

"I'm running away Michael! I feel better here."

But he remained silent.