Chapter Twenty_six

It was the day for the launching of the project Charlotte had been working on. Every citizen of swell ville were invited to the city hall where the event would take place.
Chance went on stage and unveil the new crime detecting machine.  After unveiling of the big machines they had worked on.  Charlotte as the head of the project was called on stage. Walking to the stage she could see so many familiar faces, all her friends and family were there. She could hear them cheering at the top of there voices. She smiled wildly at them..
"That is my mummy"she heard Kath scream. She blew her a  kiss. To Henry she looked absolutely stunning. She is the most amazing person he ever met, from her looks to her pose. Her intelligence, everything about her speaks perfection and he can't help but be thankful to be the man she loves.
"Good day citizens of swell ville"He heard her say.
"This project is really a dream come true for me. Working on  this project wasn't easy but am thankful for  wonderful teammates, this wouldn't have been possible without there relentless effort."she said.
"I also have my family and friends to thank for there relentless support. To my little princess, thank you for been mummy's biggest motivation, I love you"she said blowing her a kiss.
She smiled brightly at her.
"Lastly but not the least to you who never ever gave up on me"she said looking straight at  Henry"no matter how much I hurt you, you never stopped loving me. I never got a chance to properly ask for your forgiveness for everything I made you go through, I know this is not the right place or time but I really want you to know how sorry I am for everything. I want you to know that you are the best gift life has ever given to me. I love you so much Henry Hart"she said.
Henry stood up from his seat and walked straight to her on stage. Her public declaration of there love had ignited something in him. He could hear the murmuring from the audience but he was determined to reach his beloved. He took steps that brought him directly in front of her. He looked down at her cupped her cheeks.
"I have always been someone that acts without thinking but with you it has been a completely different thing.  I always over think things concerning us. Always waiting for the right time and the right moment but how am I supposed to know when the right time is. Since senior it has been you on my mind. I loved you through out college and I still love you. I want to be with you Char, go to bed every night with you by my side and witness every dawn of each new day with you. I want to make beautiful babies with you, you know we make them perfect babe "he said briefly looking at Kath and she giggled shyly.
He went on his kneels. He could hear the squealing and murmuring from the audience. He was sure he heard Piper's voice but his focused was on the woman right in front of him.
"I know I act  stupid most times,just like now I don't even have a ring"he said running a hand through his hair nervously. The audience laughed.
"I have a ring"Kath said rushing over to hand him over the plastic gold coated ring she was holding. Charlotte chuckled.
Henry collected it from her and mouthed a thank you. She ran back to her seat.
"I know this is not exactly the kind of ring I should be using but this have to just serve for now. So Charlotte Marie Paige will you do me the honor of marrying me?"Henry asked looking hopefully at her.
"Yes in every language. Yes Henry I will marry you"she exclaimed happily. The crowd cheered happily.
Henry's smile matched that on his daughter's face. They we're both grinning from ear to ear.
"Now we just have to pray it fits"he said sliding the ring on her finger.
"Perfect"she said excitedly. It might not be a diamond ring but to her it is worth more than diamond. She pulled him up and collided her lips with his. They kissed passionately till they had to break apart for air. The audience were cheering on top of there voices.
He was smiling so much that he was afraid his face might break into two. He scooped her up and carried her bridal style down the stage. He had never seen her smile so brightly.
"I love you Henry prudence Hart"she said to him as he carried her down to where there family was.
"Daddy"Kath screamed and ran towards them.
Henry dropped Charlotte gently and picked up Kath.
"Thank you for coming to daddy's rescue"Henry  said kissing her.
"Always dad"she replied happily
"Congrats guys"Jasper said hugging them.
"This is long over due. Congrats guys"Piper said hugging them.
Everybody was congratulating them, Henry's parents, Ray, Schwoz, Piper they were all genuinely happy for them.
"you know you guys almost made me cry " Chance said.
"Congrats guys"he said shaking Henry. He gave Charlotte a hug.
"Thanks guys"Charlotte said happily looking st her ring.
"When is the wedding?"Kath asked happily.
"I think it could happen now if the couple had there way"chance teased. they laughed.
"Soon princess. Real soon because Chance is right after all, I can't wait to have this amazing lady as my bride"Henry replied kissing Charlotte  lightly on the head. Charlotte wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his chest.
"I can't wait too my love"Charlotte replied.
"my mummy and daddy are just the sweetest"Kath gushed.
Charlotte's smile never left her face. She kept on admiring her engagement ring. She really can't wait to be Henry's wife. 
She didn't know one could be this happy. She brought the ring to her lips and kissed it passionately .
####
Vote and comment guys.
Don't mind the grammatical errors.
Love ❤️