Chapter Twelve

It had been few days since Charlotte found out she was  three weeks pregnant. She took more than three test just to be sure but they all ended up being positive.
She needed to talk to someone but she didn't want to Henry to know. She couldn't talk to her mum either because she would make sure to tell her how disappointed she was in her. Jasper her other friend would surely tell Henry if she ever told him. She was entirely confused, part of her wanted to let Henry know but she doesn't want to worry him and besides things are going well for him. He is happily dating that Jessie girl and she wouldn't wanna ruin things for him. She didn't know what to do and she needed to talk to someone urgently. She decided to take a walk and clear her mind a little. She walked to the park found a quiet spot and sat down. Few minutes she sat down, someone patted her on the back.
"Hi"Chance said.
"Hi"She replied.
"Can I join you"He asked politely.
"I just wanna be alone"She replied.
Chance looked at her and ignored what she said and sat beside her.
"Didn't you hear me? I said I wanted to be alone"She said.
"You can be alone with me. I promise I won't say a word"He said smiling at her. Charlotte decided not to argue with him because she knew it would be a waste of time. They both sat in silence till Chance broke the silence
"What is bothering you?"He asked?
Even before they became a couple, he had been friends with her.
"I said I wanted to be alone. I don't wanna talk to anybody"Charlotte said.
"I know you Charlotte and I can clearly see you need someone to talk to"He said.
"Talk to me, I promise I will listen attentively and I won't ask questions"He added. She debated on telling him or not.
"What would you do if you mistakenly got a girl pregnant"Charlotte said. He stared at her shocked.
"Am not saying you got someone pregnant"She added immediately.
"Are you pregnant?"He asked surprised.
"You said you won't ask question. I knew this was a bad idea"She said trying to stand up.
"Am sorry I was just surprised. I just didn't expect any of that"He said pulling her back.
"I promise not to ask any more questions"He said.
"Just forget what I just asked you"Charlotte said a bit embarrassed.
"Char"He said calmly. She looked away.
"If I got a girl pregnant I know I would probably freak because it is gonna mess alot of things up for me"He said and Char looked up.
"But I know I would support that girl in whatever she wants to do"He added.
"I told you to forget I asked you"She said quietly. Chance tried to say something.
"What is that you are holding?"She asked trying to change the subject.
He wanted to help her but he can see she ain't ready to talk so she let it go.
"This"He said raising the paper.
"Well i got an offer to come for a training outside of town and this is the print out of my acceptance"He said.
She nodded.
"You got one right?"He asked.
"Yup but I rejected it"She said.
They were quiet again.
"Are you pregnant?"He asked.
She turned and looked at him, she needed to tell someone.
"I am"she said"am pregnant"
"Am I you know"He asked with trembling lips that it almost made Charlotte laugh.
"Calm down boy. You are not responsible"Charlotte said.
"Thank God"He said"not that I don't want a baby just that it is too early. am just starting out my career, a baby would ruin everything"He babbled.
"Easy, I understand what you mean. That is why am so worried. I just don't know what to do Chance"She said scared.
"Did you tell the father?"He asked.
"Nop"She replied.
"You should tell him. That is the first thing you should do"He said.
"This news is gonna be too much for him to handle. Everything is moving so well for him now"she said.
"Not to intrude but who is responsible?"He asked.
Charlotte kept quiet.
"You know you can't hide it from him if he stays in swell ville, with time he will find out. Everyone will unless you are planing on leaving town"He said.
Chance has a point, the only way for her to escape this problem is to leave town. But where would she go.
"Maybe that is what I should do"She said quietly.
"You are not serious, right. The father has a right to know about this child"He said.
"You know am doing this for him"Charlotte said.
"But you are taking away his chance of been a father to his child"Chance added.
"Believe me Chance this decision is not easy for me but am doing it for his sake"She said trying to convince both Chance and herself.
"But where would you go?"He asked.
"I can come with you"She said.
"What?"He said.
"You said that company still needed intern, I can apply and with my gp am sure they will accept me. I have some savings, I can clearly take care of myself with the money."She said.
"I still think you should talk to the father"Chance said.
"You know you don't have to help me, just send me the details of the company and I will do everything myself"She said and stood up to leave.
"You know I will always help you in anyway I can, It just I don't think running away Is the right thing to do"He added.
"Whatever Chance. My mind is made up already. I just hope you keep what I told you a secret"she said and walked.
"I will help you"He said weakly.
"Really"She asked happily
"Yes I will"He said.
She hugged him.
"Thanks Chance, I knew I could always count on you"She said.
"You are always welcome"He said.
"When are we leaving?"She asked.
"we just have one week to stay in swell ville"he said and she nodded.
"Then we better start getting ready then"She said.
"We should go"She added.
"Okay"he said and they walked home together.
"So you are not gonna tell me about the father"He asked when they reached Charlotte's door step.
"You will find out at the right time but for now be contented with what you already know and remember to keep it a secret"She said.
"Yes ma'am"he replied with a smile.
"Thanks again Chance for being there"She said.
"Bye Charlotte"He said and left for his house.
Charlotte went inside. She became worried on what her friends reaction would be when she tells them she is leaving town. How will Henry take it?
She fell flat on her bed and cursed the day her perfectly mapped out life turned drastically.
___________
Hello lovelies.
Happy new year to y'all.
I know I have been an ass and I abandoned this story but believe me am very sorry about that.
Now am back and will surely update as often as possible.
Few more chapters until the real fun drama unfolds. Love you all❤❤❤