Chapter 3: Just Die Already

Start from the beginning

How's the weather up there?

You must play basketball.

What size shoes do you wear? They look like ski's.

I saw you coming from down the block. Can't miss you huh?

on and on and on.....

"Missy! Missy no! Stop. That's not-"

and now the dog was biting her pant leg. The man apologize perfusly as he bent down to pull the mutt away.

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!

"No....you've got to be kidding......" Maggie looked down in horror.

Right at the seam. The dog had ripped a huge gash in Maggie's pant leg that stretched up to her kneecap.

"Oh geez! Oh I'm so sorry. Missy! Bad dog! Look what you did to the nice girls pants." The man gave Maggie a look of sincere apology. "I am so sorry. That's on me."

"Its okay." Maggie replied glumly

"No its not. Now you have to go to school with that all day long. Oh man, the kids are probably going to make fun of you looking like that. Big rip almost to your undies. That's...I mean thats bully fuel right there. I don't suppose you have an extra pair?"

Maggie resisted the urge to put her fist through the mans skull and tried to tuck her pant leg into her sock.

but the man continued.

"Naw honey thats not going to work. Hey! You know what?!"

And then he bent down, grabbed her leg and pulled it towards him. "I always carry some duck tape in my pocket there. Lets see."

Maggie was horrified. The guys head was right near her crotch. At a distance it would look like- yep, people were staring, Time to go.

"Just got to wrap it around a few times and-" The roll of tape was yanked out of the mans hands as Maggie crossed the street on a red light. Cars honked and tires squealed but the gangly girl paid them no mind and ran across the street trailing the roll of duck tape behind her.

"You go ahead and keep that! I have plenty of rolls of tape at my house!" The man called after her, "you see that Missy? Boy I tell yah, kids these days. Always in a hurry to get nowhere at all."

..................

"Whoa Lacroix, what happened to your pants?" 

"They got caught on a bush." 

"You taped them up?"

"Shove it."

Things were going good. Maggie managed to wrap her right leg in enough duct tape that it cut off her circulation. Meaning NO ONE could see her skin for sure.

And it was only the third time someone had commented on her pants so far. Not bad. Things were getting better. Whats her first period? English? With her least favourite teacher? Fan-frickin tastic. Second period? Gym! Why, that means she'll have to take her pants off somehow, switch to shorts and then somehow put them back on.

Perfect day. Absolutely perfect. It's not even eight thirty.

................

"Alright class, I'll be handing back your book reports from last week." Ms Finnigan said to her students.

Ms Finnegan was an old Irish woman with a blunt tongue and no patience for kids who fool around. On the plus, its nice to have an honest teacher. In the minus, she practiced public humiliation as a form of punishment rather than the typical detention.