24. Every Inch of Me is Trembling, But Not From the Cold

Comenzar desde el principio

"You don't?" She asked, looking at him curiously.

"No, of course not," said Gini. "It means that you value your relationship with your brother so much that you'll make sacrifices just to be with him. That's honourable, and one of the most selfless things you could have done. It's more Abnegation than if you'd picked Abnegation itself."

"I never thought of it that way," said Rory, a little quieter. "Wow. Thanks Gini."

"Welcome," Gini smiled at her.

"I think you better go next, Gini, after that psychology lesson," Trent teased him.

"Okay," Gini laughed. "Well, my fact isn't that deep. But I don't think any of you, apart from Virg, know my full name."

"Wow, you sure you're ready to reveal that?" Virg chuckled.

"Well, we're being truthful today," Gini shrugged.

"Go on then, what is it?" Asked Jord.

"Georginio."

"Georginio!" Ox repeated in delight, and the others giggled at him. "That's amazing! I'm always calling you that now!"

Gini groaned, and covered his eyes with his hands.

"I warned you," Virg laughed. "Could have seen that coming a mile off."

"Why did I do that," Gini sighed, as the rest of them continued to laugh at him.

"Guys, this is bullying!" Ems protested, although even she was smiling. "I like your name, Gini."

"You would," Ox retorted, which only caused another bout of giggles.

"Okay, stop it, stop it," Jord shook her head, wiping tears of laughter from her eyes. "I can't breathe! Why is this so funny, it's literally just his name!"

"You tell me," Gini retorted.

"Even you think it's funny Gini, so don't you try it," said Joe. "Who's going next?"

"I'll go," said Ox, finally sobering up. "I think our parents were Divergent."

"Were?" Clarified Ems.

"They died when we were little," said Hannah, glancing at her brother. She obviously knew where he was going with this.

"Aw, I didn't know that," said Jord. "Sorry guys."

"It was a long time ago," Ox shrugged. "We don't remember them much, so it's okay. But one thing I do remember was seeing mum use her telekinesis when she thought we were asleep. It was so long ago, that I didn't realise it had actually happened until I realised I was a telekinetic myself."

"That's interesting," said Gini. "But it makes perfect sense. I'm convinced Divergence is genetic. What cross are you two, if you don't mind me asking?"

"We're both Dauntless-Abnegation-Candor," said Hannah.

"So yeah, that's my fun fact," said Ox. "Someone else's turn now."

The group continued talking until the sun had risen high in the sky, and their stomachs began to cry out for food. Jord couldn't help thinking that she felt much better than she would have otherwise, having woken up from a nightmare, and that she felt so much closer to the rest of them now.

"I think I'm gonna have another shot at reaching the chasm," she told Virg, over their breakfast of fire cooked fish. (Or maybe it was brunch, by this time?)

The iconic cow had well and truly run out by now, the inedible portions being used as bait by the fishermen among them, and they'd decided it was easier to live on fish for the time being, rather than trekking all the way out to Amity to burgle another farm animal.