With an exaggerated eye roll, Allie turned her eyes from Bucky's side profile and into the rear mirror. She barely glimpsed into the glass but she did a double-take when she saw a large, black van following them from a distance. It looked like an ordinary car, but for some reason, Allie felt a wave of apprehension overwhelm her.

She didn't mention it to Bucky at first, believing that she was just overreacting. That Bucky's incessant worrying had finally rubbed off on her. So she tried to push it from her mind, only looking back in the rear mirror to ensure that she was wrong.

She let one mile pass, then a second mile and then a third.

But the van refused to budge, still sitting a few feet behind them. Despite matching Bucky's overzealous speed,  they didn't overtake them. Instead, choosing to follow them down the long and windy road. And Allie began to think that maybe she wasn't crazy after all.

"Take the next left," She ordered, causing Bucky to look over at her in confusion.

"Why?" He questioned.

"That black truck has been following us for the last three mile at least." Allie informed him. Bucky immediately looked into the mirror and frowned as he noticed the dark car.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"No, but it's better safe than sorry." She answered.

"Alright, I'll try lose them." He replied, quickly taking the next left just as Allie had told him.

Allie kept her gaze on the mirror, anxiously waiting for the car to come into view. They were a few seconds behind them but she knew that it wasn't just a coincidence. She knew that she wasn't overreacting and freaking out over nothing.

And of course, she was right.

The black van had followed them around the corner, prompting a sigh to fall past Allie's pink lips. Anxiousness rising within her as she immediately began thinking about how they would fight their way out of this one.

"Take the next right and get back onto the road we were on. If they are still behind us, then they are definitely following us." She explained.

Bucky nodded at her words before he took the next right and got back onto the highway, internal praying that her gut instinct was wrong. That her intuition was lying.

But just as expected, the car was right behind them within seconds. Following them down the long, dark highway.

"They are still following us." She groaned, frustration welling inside her. "It has to be HYDRA."

"Allie, we are the most wanted criminals in the world. It could be multiple different agencies that are following us." Bucky challenged, cocking a brow at her.

"Yes, but who would only send a truck full of soldiers to arrest us when we are 'enhanced individuals'?" She pointed out, curling her fingers around the words with distaste.

"You are an enhanced individual, not me." He countered and Allie just shook her head.

"It's HYDRA." She said confidently.

"Well, how do we lose them?" Bucky asked.

Allie cursed beneath her breath, being much too tired to deal with this at the moment. Car chases were definitely not their forte. They were made to be fighters, to take out their opponents by any means necessary. So the obvious answer was to find someplace to take them out where they had the advantage.

Or just run and hide, which sounded much more appealing.

"Do you remember that building under construction near our hotel?" Allie questioned to which Bucky nodded.