THE INTERVIEW

HAZEL'S HOUSE ( 8:00 pm)

' Beep! Beep! ' The sound of the unbelievably annoying alarm clock jolted Hazel awake. "Ughh" Hazel groaned. "Can that sound get any worse ?".

"No, it cant" Hazel's roommate and best friend Melanie says as she walks into Hazel's room. " but it does it's job pretty well".

" Oh you mean the job of destroying my ear drums every morning?" Hazel said

" If you hate it so much, why don't you get a new one ?" Melanie

" 'cause as much as i hate it.....it does do it's job pretty well"

"Whatever, just get up you're gonna be late" Melanie says taking the sheets off Hazel.

"Late for what?" Hazel says reluctantly getting out of her bed.

"You're kidding right?" Melanie says with disbelief.

"OH my God my interview!" Hazel says as she sprints into the bathroom to get ready.

Melanie sighs " what would you do without me, Hazel ?" she says and leaves the room.

-----------

BEST FOODS.INC

"Is everything set for tonight?" Luke asks Livia , his personal assistant.

Luke Ernest, the youngest CEO of the company who took the food empire by storm at the age of only 25. He won the hearts of men and woman alike with his dashing looks and remarkable success. 

He recently came up with the idea of an interview to showcase the worst cooks in the city and groom them to be the best in order to promote his company and prove their competence. A goal he would stop at nothing to achieve.  

Luke was hosting a dinner party for his sponsors and staffs to showcase and reveal his idea.

" Of course Luke, you know you can count on me"Livia says confidently

" No offense Livia, but i only count on myself, doesn't leave room for disappointment". He said coldly.

"Of course" Livia says trying to hide the fact that his words hurt. 

She has had a crush on him for years but Luke wasn't interested in having any kind of relationship. He had always put his work first and only had casual flings. Livia understood this but it still hurt when he took women home and spoke rudely to her.

"Nothing can go wrong today, you know how hard i worked for this" 

" Yes, i do, and nothing will go wrong sir, i assure you" Melanie

"Remember while we're conducting the interview, the applicants must not know the until after we've chosen. We can't have them backing out before they sign the contract."

"Yes sir" Melanie.

-----------

INTERVIEW WAITING ROOM

"Okay, okay .....i got this " Hazel repeats nervously. " It's going to be fine Hazel." Hazel says, rocking herself back and forth.

" Hey, you okay over there?" A girl asks Hazel after hearing Hazel's pep-talk to herself.

"Huh?" She looks over at the girl. She had pink hair, so bright it was impossible not to notice. In contrast she was dressed like a goth. She wore entirely black, from her earrings to her boots. But it looked good....weirdly. "Oh, hi. I'm okay...well as okay as i can be considering .......you know."

"Considering this is the toughest company to get into?" She said with a smile.

"Yea, that.......I'm Hazel by the way" Hazel says as she reaches out her hand.

"Lilith.....but you can call me lily."

"Nice to meet you, lily."

"Same. So what position are you interviewing for?"Lily asks.

" Food nutritionist." Hazel answers. "You?"

"Oh, i'm not here for an interview, i work here". Lily says proudly.

"Oh, wow really?". That's ....wow." She chuckles nervously."What do you do?" she asks.

"Sales Rep "Lily says.

"That's nice....so on a scale of one to ten how hard is the interview?'

"Well, considering i did the interview three times before i got in?......i'd say a 10."

"Oh God" Hazel says and puts her head in her hands.

"Number 239, come in please." A man called out.

"Oh no, that's me" She says and stands up.

"Good luck......you're going to need it."Lily says

"Not helping" Hazel says looking even worse than before.

Hazel repeats her pep talk to herself as she walks in the interview room.

     Woo Woo!!. First chapter done!

       Please don't forget to vote and comment.