𝟏𝟒 | 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Начните с самого начала

My head hangs low, rubbing my tired eyes.

"I saw what your brother did to you, and I apologise for eavesdropping," he apologises, making me turn to him. "I already knew about what had happened, but I wanted to hear it from you directly.........to understand what pain you're going through. Yet.....you didn't deserve to be slapped that way, he had no right.....especially when you tried your hardest."

I clearly deserved it, but then I hate feeling sorry for myself. How else was I meant to go on with my day, when the very reason why I'm feeling pathetic.

Because death is permanent, it's not temporary.........

My body was taking a toll on from the battle, feeling sleep taking over me. His voice, presence and words of comfort was enough to put me at ease. Ever since we collided below in the underground, that spark that throbbed between us kept me questioning why it happened.

Over time since Levi started out, our relationship has progressed. When no one was around me, he would approach me and easily speak to me like it was nothing. He would sometimes go out of his way, teaching me new things as well as I teach him new things. We both always privately hung out, picking up on the little things. Small habits of his such as...

How he likes his black tea made........The way he holds his teacups.......the sound of 'tch implying his irritation, or impatience......he is a tidy type of guy, prefer things to be clean.....

"I try so hard....." whispering softly, my voice continues to break. ".....even Erwin didn't give a shit."

"Tch, typical of him,"

Shaking my head, "No.......he's been like this for so long, longer than before you joined," I explain further, testifying my own experience with the new Commander. Soon I took a deep breath but sleep was forcing itself against me, my head slightly swaying before feeling a hand pull me down against their shoulder.

He clicks his tongue against his teeth.

"Get some rest, you haven't slept properly for a few days already," he assertively says, hearing concern lacing his tone.

Not having the energy to feeling embarrassed, I nuzzle my head against his shoulder feeling his arm circle around my waist. Soon sleep takes over, feeling a wave of relief washing over me.

"You really scared me," He whispers, not hearing his words.

*

A YEAR LATER - YEAR 846

"Commander, this is suicide!" I interject sternly, my eyes narrowing towards the man before me. "You know better than anyone that bringing in inexperienced citizens to this battle, will down the population of Shiganshina!"

"We all must make sacrifices, because we must try and retake Wall Maria ," The Commander bluntly replies, dejecting my warning. "Besides, we've lost a lot.......what's more, Trost is crowding with the people........gathering with what we we don't know, is how long these titans will roam across the lands before Wall Rose."

Slamming my hands against the desk, felt more personal than the people.

"Do you plan to put yourself in this position?"

He nods.

"Yes, I'm willing to place my life on the line......as you should, too," he inquires, making my blood boil. These people, their home......we've lost so much already, what's more.......it's painful to watch.

How should i even respond to this, he's always been on my nerves!

Since Wall Maria was breached, we couldn't do our expeditions out and beyond. Things were put to a halt, but my feelings were deep to the core. Death was around, death was reality. Yet, how can he be so subtle about this, especially when we're all trapped behind the walls. His gaze was lit up by the candle light, flickering in the dark room. The crickets were making their tune, softly.