𝟑𝟎 | 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐇𝐢𝐬 𝐀𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬

*

A DAY LATER

The heavenly coffee aroma fills the room, while preparing Lena and I's beverage in the morning. Sweat still aligns my forehead, while waking up to a nightmare that kept greeting me, everytime I allow my mind to succumb to darkness. Sleep wasn't the best, my eyes were heavy, but coffee and green tea were the only things keeping me awake. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I lean against the bench still feeling myself in a daze.

Judging by the time I would assume Levi took Eren for a walk, allowing the boy to have a stretch and sometime to discuss a few things.

Pouring our mugs I head on outside the castle, finding the place rather quiet even though the cadets will be coming next week. They were needed to be taught about our strategies, when going out onto the field, and how to stay in position until further instructions. Wondering how they will get along with us, I soon find Lena sitting outside in the morning sun.

Hearing me slowly approach her, her auburn eyes meet mine with a warm smile.

"Next time I will make coffee, alright," She says sternly, while I puff my cheeks.

"Shut up, let me do some good and something normal," I pout, while she chuckles taking the coffee mug I passed her. Hearing her mumble a soft thank you, I follow down and sat beside her. Basking beneath the warm sun, I could feel a little comfort. Taking a small sip of my warm coffee, I hear her exhale with satisfaction.

"Wow, so good!" She exclaims, flashing me a big smile. "Seriously, you should run a small cafe and art shop together......you would make a fortune!"

Shaking my head I take another sip of my coffee, while noticing Petra and Oluo busy in the horse stables hearing laughter inside. Not realising I was smile softly, Lena pats my shoulder gently making me snap out of it.

"Hey.....Akira, you in there?"

Lifting my head up, "Hmm.....yeah, sorry.......been a long night,"

She looks at me with keen eyes, waiting for any sign that I was lying, before dropping the question not wanting pry. She shrugs her shoulders taking a sip from her drink, while we decided to sit in silence waiting for further instructions for today. Late afternoon yesterday, Levi, Hanji and the group discussed on a few things with when Eren might transform. Despite our only option in killing him when transforming, I remembered how Eren was pulled from the nape.

Hanji was astounded she was practically fantasizing on her work, but I only heard from the cadets.

Seriously that crazy scientist really gets you all tensed up with dread, waiting for anything to go wrong in a second. Her loud voice always bounces everywhere you go, sometimes finding it too much to handle. Still, Hanji was someone who I grew alongside as soldiers. We never knew each other before becoming soldiers, and joined the scouts. It was only after when I was fascinated with some of her ideas, that made them more happy to make me her friend. Whether I liked it or not.

"So you ready to tell me that mark on your neck?"

The question itself made me slowly process, before realisation hits me. Without even reacting I cover the spot, trying to brush it away with my cheeks dusting red. Recalling how I got it, was a shock yesterday morning. Lena pointed it out, but I lied refusing to tell her. Being curious she was, she kept asking and asking. So I kept denying, and lying to her continuously.

"Old news Lena," I murmur, swatting her hand away. I then rest my elbow against my knee, leaning my chin against my palm. My eyes lulled, "Anyway, I have a request."