Chapter 10 [End]

The birds were peacefully tweeting outside. The glass window in Erwin's spacious office was wide open enough for the morning breeze to come in. Filling the whole room is the ambiance of the freshly brewed coffee on his desk. He was still in the middle of self-indulgence when a certain raven-haired barged in his office, clothes the same as yesterday.

Levi had a determined look on his face as he stood still in front of his desk. The taller man could only blink his eyes, confusion was written all over his face. It was such a surprise. Seeing Levi in such a messy state, bed-hair sticking out and his shirt crumpled.

But what came after next was the most unbelievable thing of all.

"Erwin. Fire me."

As the words dawned in, Erwin leaned on his swivel chair. "What do you mean by that, Levi?" He grabs his cup of coffee, studying the look on Levi's face as he sipped on it.

"I want you to fire me. I have no intention of stopping whatever it is between me and my..." Levi looked hesitant on his words. "...I mean, the one I'm seeing right now."

Erwin swore he almost choked on his drink. He abruptly stopped what he was doing and placed the cup down, gulping the hot liquid on his throat. Unbelievable. Levi of all people wanted to get fired himself and is actually dating someone?

It was indeed true. His speculations with Mike were proven true.                               

"That is a really absurd decision, Levi." Erwin stated, looking at him with nothing but the same authority in his eyes. "Nevertheless, would you please enlighten me on why you'd want something like that?"

"Nothing special, really." The raven-haired looked neutral as ever. He had prepared of this for a hundred times last night but being confronted with Erwin's prying eyes and stern voice, it was harder than expected. However, he had decided and he figured out his resolve wouldn't back down either. "I've realized for a long time that being a celebrity isn't really for me. Sure, I did enjoy the short-lived fame and the success that came with it but I wasn't exactly happy. I've been itching to leave the industry for a long time now but back then, I did not have enough reason to do so."

"So... in short, Levi, you think that whoever you're seeing right now is worth the death of your career? Enough reason to give up everything?"

Without much reluctance, Levi nodded at him. His choices firm. "She is."

This earned a sigh from Erwin. Well, who is he to refrain Levi from walking towards the path he wants?

"This is my loss, then." The blond leaned on his swivel chair, a breath of relief escaped his lips. Levi only watched Erwin as he grabbed his coffee and once again took a sip from it. "Well... honestly, I've been waiting years for this..."

"What?"

Erwin smiled, a genuine one. "You've been too bent out on your career. No room for your personal happiness, no room for dating. I wouldn't want you to get old living like that. To be honest, I am honestly happy to know that you've finally found it. Someone you could risk everything for. Even this career that you've worked hard for the past years of your life."

Levi clicked his tongue at this. Not exactly embarrassed at Erwin's words but exasperated at it. Mike and Erwin had exactly been pestering him to date someone for a million times already.

He couldn't believe that the blond would be happy about his sudden news instead of telling him off.

"But you see, we can't really revoke your contract. You still had a year left." There was disappointment in Erwin's voice, his eyes expressing his frustration. "I think you still had to lay low your relationship for a year now."