Chapter 4

"You are Mike's famous friend?!

The words echoed inside Levi's mind. A hollow feeling inside as his mind went blank. Thinking of words to say, he bit on his lower lip in frustration.

The brunette then continued to stare with a somewhat accusing look on her face.

Mike definitely noticed the instilled nervousness the ravenette felt as he looked frozen as shit just standing there. It is a given fact that Levi certainly wanted to keep his identity unknown.

However, seeing the uncomfortable look on his face, it is a given fact that there is entirely a different reason aside from the risk of just someone knowing him.

Answers were about to come out from his mouth when there was suddenly a foot that stomped on him intentionally. The action appears to be unnoticed by the brunette still had a questioning look on her face.

"That person didn't manage to come so Mike invited me out instead."

Surprisingly, the way Levi said it was filled with finality and it was rather in a laid-back manner.

Not a single trail of lies could be detected.

This confused the blonde man but still decided to come up with what Levi has answered, "Y-yeah." Hange's eyes darted towards him, serious. "He was busy as shit after all. You know right? The celebrity life... so I asked my other friend instead."

Thankfully, the brunette seemed to accept the explanation rather easily as she nodded in understanding, "So, speaking of, this must be your car?" It was her who changed the topic effortlessly, "Did it break down?"

"Yes, unfortunately." Mike replied.

Pondering, she glanced at the man behind her and a conclusion came into mind. "Then no worries! Moblit is here to fix your car!"

"What?" It was only when Levi once again notices the presence of Moblit who looked confused at the situation, expressing a strong sense of disapproval as he shook his head. "I don't have the appropriate supplies--"

"No, it's fine Hange. We've called for mechanics after all."

"Oh right. Levi did say that."

At Hange's answer, Mike glanced at Levi. The shorter man seemed to notice the action, stirring slightly from where he is standing.

Hange then adds, "So are we still going to wait for them to come? It would take an hour."

The silence from both men was enough answer.

"Well then... we can have Moblit watch over the car until the mechanics arrive." The suggestion was poorly received by the brown-haired man as he looked at the brunette in disbelief, obviously puzzled.

Stammering, he tried to clarify. "H-hange-san?"

However, the brunette looked as if it was the final decision, making it harder for Moblit. In the end, the poor man decided to do what his superior had wanted.

"Shall we?" Hange mused at both men.

It was getting late, Levi noted. They were walking towards Hange's car. They trailed after the brunette that is currently humming a melody. The taller man was by Levi's side, looking around his surroundings to check for anyone.

"Didn't know you guys are friends. The world is such a small place." The brunette blabbers, turning her head back to them.

Mike answered with a shrugged, "I was honestly surprised too that you and Levi are actually friends."

"Oh! It was sorta funny," She chuckled, stopping on her tracks when they finally reached her car, "Isn't it, Levi?"

The raven-haired deadpanned at her.