𝟏𝟐 | 𝐕𝐮𝐥𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲

Start from the beginning

The colour of blood coax my vision, only to hear a bone crushing sound.

My body falters for a moment feeling exhaustion catching up on me, but as the body of the titan crumbles to the ground............no sound was made from her. Landing on the ground I felt my knees almost give way, before running towards the head of the beast towards Mei.

"Mei, Mei!"

Soon everything felt like my whole world crashes down, my eyes wide with doubt clouding them. Blood pools beneath her body, seeing her innards spilling out through her middle. Stepping closer before letting my knees buckle to the ground, my hands slowly tremble while grasping her tainted skin. Her eyes wide, pupils showing no sign of life within them.

My body grew numb in response, as my fingertips trail across a discoloured bruise against her cheek.

"Hey....M-Mei....y-you can stop pretending....." my voice slowly broken with a light painful chuckle, my heart slowly beating til I try swallowing thickly. Mustering all my being, the connection soon snaps. ".....h-hey Mei.....a-a boat is ready........Armin....Eren and Mikasa.....they're waiting......f-for you..."

The screams and cries were muffled by the blood pounding heavily against my ears, my mind focusing on the lifeless body before me.

"O-oh god, y-you're too young...........why......?"

Memories soon begin to flash into my mind, with little time we spent but how much my love for her is. Mei loved drawing, she absolutely loved drawing nature. Curious beyond the walls, like Armin. She always had many questions, none we could answer properly.

A mind that could've become greater, if I was here on time.

Knowing her body can't be retrieved, like mothers and many others. Stray tears rolls down my cheeks, before dripping upon her own chubby cheeks. Blurring my vision, I wipe them with my sleeve before closing her eyes gently. Pulling her away from the giant corpse to a building, I pull her inside a rickety old house.

Soon a trail of her blood heavily stains the earth, as I place her gently inside.

Tightening my fists a shadow casts over my eyes, before stepping towards the door. Taking one more glance, my lips soon quiver slowly.

"Please, say hello to mother......will you?"

With those few words I walk out the building, blinking away the tears before seeing the beasts towering before me. Sheathing my blades, the steel rings softly but yet vehemently.

My eyes bore into the souls of the titans, realising reality is cruel

Seeing her die before me so easily made me feel so pathetic, having lived a short life with no meaning. Her life was never perfect, her life reflected my own with father too. How I wished for a better life for her, but why on god's earth did she had to leave me so quickly?

Yelling in anger I push up embedding the grappling hooks, bypassing their needy hands. My grip tightens around the handle raising my two blades, before spiraling down towards the two titans slicing through their napes in an instant. Steam soon emits from my attack, seeing their bodies disappearing slowly.

Flying back over to aid the Garrison, I noticed Hannes yelling something out which causes my head to be on full alert.

Their aimless canon fire missed their targets, only destroying the buildings on the sides.

Their frantic behaviour makes their moves shaky, as I dove in swinging my blades sideways in sync before slicing another titan's nape. Watching it's body collide into the ground heavily, I could hear the earth trembling.