Two

Maddie

I should have known I was gay when my favorite book was "Gone Girl" in my freshman year of high school. I would ramble on and on about how Amy Elliott Dunne is a genius, not a sociopath. I was rooting for her the entire book, not Nick Dunne. Of course, my opinion hasn't changed on that one. I still think Amy is one hell of a bad bitch, and Nick Dunne is an abusive misogynistic man.

It's funny to me that once you know your sexuality, all those things from your childhood make sense. Like when you couldn't stop staring at cartoon boobs on television or how you wanted to be the prince to save the princess. My Gone Girl phase was only the beginning of the discovery of my queerness.

On the subject of girls, it's been a few days since I saw that girl in the 7/11 bathroom. She hasn't left my mind and her beautiful fucking eyes. I regret not asking for her name, then maybe I could track her down. Maybe ask a friend if they know her.

Oddly, I feel like I've seen her someplace. She has such a distinct look I'd think I'd know if I've seen her from somewhere. But I can't put my finger on it. And I've never seen her in class or some shit, so she definitely doesn't go to Golden Oak with me. And it's a hell of a shame cause she's hot.

I snap out of my thoughts and focus my attention back to my drawing in my lap. Sketching has always been a hobby of mine, ever since I was little. And since I moved to Highland Park from Pittsburgh, I've found more interest in it. Drawing or painting or anything where I can use my hands to create is a great alternate for lifting.

I add a few more minor details for the finishing product. It's a small sketch and only took me about an hour. Timothée Chalamet's face engraved into the paper, I'd say this was worth my time. This man is absolutely gorgeous, I just watched two of his films the past week. Call Me By Your Name and Beautiful Boy and I was one hundred percent blown away by both.

Before I can daydream more about Timothée, my phone rings and clocks me out of my daze, the name sydney pops up. I accept then bring the phone up to my ear.

"What's up?"

Sydney's normal peppy voice breaks through the phone. "Hey Maddie, there's this dope drive-in movie theatre thing going on down at Martin Park tonight. Do you wanna come with me?"

At first, I hesitate to her question, "uhhhh who's going?"

"It's not a big crowd or anything, a few from school. It's gonna be lowkey I promise."

"You know I feel about high school group shit Syd, maybe."

"Pleaseeeee, Maddie come on. You never go out with me," she whines. Sydney is great, she's an amazing friend. Absolutely adore this girl but I hate how annoyingly persuasive she is. She doesn't even have to beg for long, I always give into her.

"Okay, I'll go. But only because I'm bored out of my mind and I feel bad."

"Yes!" she exclaims, "the movie starts at 7 so I'll pick you up around 6:30, sounds good?"

I hum in response, "yup, what movie is it?"

"Lady Bird, I'm pretty sure. I've never seen it but I've heard it's really good. Oh, and it stars Timothée Chalamet and he's really hot," she adds.