Running to my Stranger- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

~

It's 10.00pm already, the sun is no where to be seen, just the twinkling light of the full moon glistening in the sky. 

Standing by myself, at the bus stop. Starting to feel like this isn't such a good idea anymore.. I had a home back there, with those people who try to call themselves my parents. But it was still a home, well, more of a house. Home is with family. So for me, home is by myself seeing as my dad isn't alive anymore, and my mum left us when i was 3 years old.

There isnt really anything left for me in this place. Just bad memories and thoughts. Who wants that? And that was the thought that helped me on the bus. To my dream land. To happiness. To loneliness. 

As i find my seat, i cant help but to think about the boy with the large green eyes from earlier today. As i continue to think about him.. i drift off to a dreamless sleep..

"Miss, miss. Sorry Miss,  but you have to wake up and get off the bus, this is the last stop." The bus driver whispered to me. I open my eyes, to see him standing over me in his uniform, with grey hair and wrinkles covering his figure. He had a grandfather look to him. Warm and friendly. I stand up, mubble a thank you and grab my back pack and got off the bus. Squinting as i get off, from the bright light of the rising sun. I turn around to look back at the bus, speeding down the dirt track, all the dust trailing behind it. And then it hits me. Dust. There is nothing but dust here. Dust and sand. This is not where I'm meant to be. I look around, in a semi-freaked out way. 

'This cannot be happening to me! Why do you hate me so much?!' I scream to the rising sun.  

'Excuse me! What do you think you are doing? It is too early for screaming. Everyone is still sleeping." A women approaches me. I turn around to look at her. She had brown wavy long hair, she looked to be around her early fifties, with bright green familiar eyes, but I'm not sure where ive seen them before. She was skinny, tanned and very tall. she was in her pink fluffy night gown and slippers  and looked like she just woke up. 

'Oh my Gosh!' She gasped. 'Are you alright? Poor little thing, you are covered in cuts and bruises. What happened? Are you alright?'

'Sorry miss. I'm fine. Where are we? Im not meant to be here. When is the next bus coming? How am i going to find my way home? What am i going to do? Can you help me? This cannot be happening. Arghhh.' I start screaming again. Speeding on my sentences that I doubt she even understood was i was going on about.

'Shh, shhh. Hold your horses young lady. We're in Marrkai, Darwin. Where are you meant to be headed off to?'

'I'm going to Main Beach in Queensland.'

'Oh dear, you have taken the wrong bus. Queensland is that way' The women says, pointing in the opposite direction of where i came from. 'The next bus is coming tomorrow night. You are going to have to stay here with me, and my family until then. My name is Mary and If you want, you can work at our cafe seeing as there isnt much to do here. Yes, yes, thats a good idea. You can work, with my oldest son Jesse. And I'll have my husband Harry look at you. He is a doctor you know? He can clean you up, and everything. Come on dear.' She said holding out her hand to me. I reach out to grab it, feeling safer under her touch. She has a motherly sense glowing off of her. 

She pulls me into a cafe' that i didnt see before. It looked more like a barn. The whole body of the building was made out of wood and the only way of realising this was a cafe' was the big bright neon lights on the front door which read 'Cafe' Kangaroo'.

The inside wasn't much better to the outside. Had old, used tables covering majority of the floor, and chairs everywhere. 

'Come this way darling.' Mary leads me down this narrow abandoned corridor past doors and doors of rooms. Probably offices, and bedrooms and all. And finally we reach the last door. 

'Harry, sweat heart. We have a visitor here. She is injured, can you please look at her, and help her for me?' Mary asks, while knocking on his door.

~

Guyssss,

i dont know if i should continue this story! My idea is alot different to this, heaps more happens. right now, i just have to introduce people and all, so it wont be sooooo interesting, i should say. but if you guys arent liking this, there is no point in continuing. what do you think? pleaseee comment!

much love,

ashlee x