Running To My Stranger

Walking down my peaceful street, with flowers of all different colours dancing around my feet, children laughing and having a good time with their families. The envy I feel for them runs deep into my core. It’s funny thinking about that. Me, a 17-year-old thin girl, with long ebony wavy hair, bright blue curious eyes is jealous of little toddlers.

The beautiful summers night in Sydney, Australia is perfect. I know it is an amazing sight to see, the sun setting down on the shoreline at Bondi Beach, but for me, I can’t see the beauty in it. I can’t see the beauty in anything.

I use to love life and everything in it. From dark starry nights, to the beetles crawling around in the grass. I loved it all. But my father took that all away. When he left me. After he had promised he would never leave me. It is funny how the wind can change, and people can easily be blown from our lives. I still remember the night he disappeared from my life. And left me to a the wicked witch. 

It was in the middle of winter, when I was 14 years old. We had the worst storm Australia has ever known. Wind blowing in every direction, trees flying from here to there. Gutters full of rainwater, as rain never seemed to stop falling from the clouds.

‘Ronnie’ My father whispered my name.

‘Yes daddy?’ I chirped.

‘I need to go pick up Sarah from the airport’

‘No daddy! She can make her own way home!’ I cried ‘the rain is too strong. Just ring her up, and ask her to stay there in the Airport Hotel until the weather gets better.’

‘Ronnie, you know I would rather stay here with you, but I have to pick up your mothe-‘

‘Step-mother’ I spat. Sarah was the devil herself. But dad could never see it. She blinded him with her looks and she never really did love him. Just his money. She always went around when my dad was near, telling me how much she loved me but whenever my dad looked away, she would attack me.

‘I’m sorry darling, but I have to go. I’ll see you soon. I love you.’ He stood up and kissed my cheek; and just left. Just like that.

The next thing I know, I’m standing in my father’s hospital room looking at his limb bruised body, watching the line go flat. Just one exaggerated beep.

Some drunk driver, was swerving on the highway from the water, and all the alcohol he consumed. Him getting off, fine, bearly bruised. But taking my fathers life.

‘Veronica, it looks like it’s just going to be you and me from now on. Dad wont be able to save his little angel anymore now will he?’ Sarah spat at me, walking away with her head held high, and her black plumps strutting down the corridor.

‘Daddy wake up, daddy please! I need you, please come back to me. Daddy! You’re my best friend dad; I can’t live with out you! Daddy!’ I cried, and cried. 

I suddenly feel my self-colliding with a big strong body. Waking me up from my memories.

‘Oh, sorry’ I mutter, and keep walking.

‘Wait!’ Someone yells behind me. I turn around to see an unfamiliar person. Must be the person I just ran into. He black long hair that hung around his eyes, big green eyes and a perfect smile. He was extremely good looking. Like the kind that makes you feel really self conscious when they look at you, but still like your flying.

‘What happened to your face? You have a black eye, and your lip is bleeding? Are you alright?’ He gasped.

‘Um… Yes, I’m f-fine. I need t-to go.’ I quickly stutter, and keep walking off. Quickening my pace. Back to the place where I had gotten those exact injuries. Plus many more. Back home, to Sarah. And her new husband Michael. My abusive guardians. My Hell.

~

Hey guys J

This is my first story, hope you like it! Don’t worry, this isn’t just another story about abusive parents, and boy meets girl. I actually have an idea. Hope you like it, and tell me what you think J

xashlee