Chapter Two - Piercing Eyes

Your POV
I walked into school on a Friday morning. Halloween was next week and I wasn't up for it. My cat, Binx- names after the one from Hocus Pocus- had to be left behind when we moved. My parents gave her to their friends which really hurt but it had to be done. I normally spent Halloween with my cat, but this year was different. My parents knew I wasn't up for it but are still forcing me to go to this haunted house thing a few cities over. I got to my locker and opened it looking at the emptiness. Like my soul, I chuckled to myself.

"Is this whole get up like a costume or something?" I heard the same girl from yesterday ask.

"No, this is me. Have a problem?" She laughed.

"You can't be serious. You try way to hard." I laughed making her confused.

"I try too hard? Girl look at your blow up tits." I slammed my locker and walked away still laughing to myself. Did she really think it's a costume?

*Next Week*
Halloween is in a week and I'm currently on the way to this stupid haunted house thing. We've been in the car for at least an hour now and I'm pretty sure my parents are tired of hearing my music by now. I saw a bunch of people lined up in front of a building. I've never seen anything like this in my life. We parked the car and walked to the line. For how long the line was, it was a pretty short wait. We didn't directly go into the thing, it was almost like a fair. There was multiple buildings all with different themes. We got in line for the first one and went through, it wasn't scary. The second one wasn't scary either. And of course neither was the third. We got in line for the forth one and had to wait a little longer than before.

"Hey y/n/n, we're going to go get some food while we're waiting." I nodded and continued standing in line. My parents weren't back yet but the line started moving. I was pushed in alone by the worker not even giving me a chance to back out. This had a certain feeling to it I couldn't describe. It was just like the others until someone popped out at me. I screamed launching myself backwards. The back of my head hit something hard, but it wasn't a wall. I felt hands on my shoulders and jumped forward. I looked back to see a guy about my age trying not to laugh.

"Are you ok?" He asked as we were yelled at to keep going.

"Yeah I'm ok. Thanks for catching me, I guess." I responded.

"Your welcome. I'm Jacky by the way." I smiled. That was the first time in a while.

"That's a nice name." When I looked up at him, the first thing I noticed was his piercing blue eyes. They still sparkled in the dim lighting of the building.

"Am I going to know the name of the person I caught?" He asked sarcastically. I didn't want him to know that I was getting caught up in his eyes but he could probably tell.

"Oh, sorry. My names y/n." He had an expression on his face I couldn't necessarily read.

"That's one of my favorite names." I gave him a sarcastic look. "No really, I've actually always loved the name y/n."

The forth and final house was almost over. I felt sad, but not the sadness I normally feel. Almost sad we had to part. There was something about him that seemed out of the ordinary. Wait! Long hair, guyliner, tattoos, and visibly stood out. That was why, he was exactly what I was looking for. But I didn't even know him.

"Oh my god! Y/n are you ok?" My mum yelled.

"I'm fine mum. I got pushed in and I couldn't back out." She sighed. I looked around, Jacky- I think that was his name- was nowhere to be seen.

"Who or what are you looking for?" My dad asked.

"Nothing." I responded simply. We headed home and I couldn't get Jacky out of my head. Not him so much as his piercing eyes. They were like an ocean of blue but still had something hidden. He seemed like the type of guy who was both out going and quiet all in one person. Which seemed intriguing.

"Hey y/n/n. I didn't want to say anything in front of your dad but I wanted to ask, who was that boy you came out of the place with?" She said walking into my room without knocking. I contemplated whether I should tell her or not.

"I got jump scared and jumped back. He kind of caught me I guess you could say. After that we just kind of made conversation." She nodded.

"Alright, Honey. Don't stay up too late." I nodded and watched as she left my room.

~

It's been two days since I met that guy. I still can't get him out of my head. I don't exactly know what about him I couldn't get out though. I walked into school the following Monday and was stopped at my locker by Claire. What did she want today?

"Still dressing up, I see." I slammed my locker.

"It's not a costume. Why are you still trying to be a barbie?" She scoffed.

"You're such a rat!"

"Correction, a stubborn rat." I walked away smiling but froze. There he was, standing in the middle of the hallway on his phone. It was Jacky, I built up the courage to go up and talk to him.

"Hey, Jacky right?" He looked up from his phone and smiled.

"Oh my god, y/n. I didn't know you went to school here." His accent was easier to hear now that we weren't in a loud building. Well, a not as loud building that is.

"I just moved here about two weeks ago." I smiled. Why do I keep smiling when I'm around him? When I smile I feel week. Almost vulnerable, so I stopped. But I can't help it.

"Oh that's cool. How do you like it so far?" He said sarcastically.

"Oh I love it. I fit in so perfectly." I joked. Just when he was about to say something else, the bell rang.

"Oh, well we better get to class. See you later y/n." We exchanged smiles and waves as we went our separate ways. His piercing eyes staying in my memory.