He turned his head as the door clicked softly behind him, not needing to look to have known it was Bruce returning.

"Any changes?"

"Nothing. Her heart beat is still stable, but she hasn't shown any signs of waking up yet. Tony?"

Bruce shrugged slightly, moving down to check on Scottie's vitals on the screen next to Steve that was displaying her heart rate. He looked back to Steve with a slight eye roll before looking back down to the charts in his hand.

"Back to being his sarcastic self," he mused, causing a relived grin to spread across Steve's face. The last update had been that Tony was now talking, but he had been worried that the man wouldn't be the same.

"She's always saving our lives," Steve joked, rubbing her hand with his own. He'd grown to view the girl as his little sister - especially when they'd spent five years of their lives trying to recover from the same trauma.

"Now we just have to save hers," Bruce told Steve, clapping the man on the shoulder before motioning for them both to go check on Tony again.

Bruce cast a quick look at the thermostat on the wall before leaving, noting down the temperature before stepping out and allowing the med-bay door to seal behind him.

If he had waited a second, he would have seen the thermostat increase.

______

"Just because you're in a hospital bed doesn't mean you can cheat!"

Everyone erupted into laughter as Clint scowled at Tony, slamming the Monopoly money down on the table as Pepper graciously took it, a grin on her face as Tony smugly smiled back at the archer.

"It's not cheating, it's called being smart, Barton," Clint scowled further as Tony continued, "you should try it sometime."

Steve chuckled along with the rest of the team, sending a small wink towards Wanda who smiled gently back at the man. Her eyes glimmered red for a split second before she rolled the dice for her and Steve's turn, coincidentally managing to avoid landing on the hotels that Natasha and Clint had built on Mayfair.

"Okay and you don't get a pass because Scottie's in one either," Clint added, causing everyone else to chuckle as a Wanda rolled her eyes. He looked up to gauge her reaction, regret clouding his face as they all noticed she had suddenly turned her head away from them and was looking at the door with a slightly hurt expression on her face.

"Kid," Steve started, reaching out to place a hand on her shoulder but before he was able to make any contact, she had already launched herself to her feet and was moving towards the door.

Wanda turned around as she got to the door, tears pouring down her face but now with a small smile resting on her lips.

"She's awake."

As the rest of the team rushed to their feet, Natasha turned to look at where Stephen Strange had been sitting with Bruce Banner in the corner of the room. The man smiled gently back at her as he remained seated, nodding as if to answer the question on her lips.

"We won."

_____

"So, how did you save us?"