In Another Life... | Analogical

i really need to start writing fics about other fandoms but i can't find a ship that fits right. this is a rebirth au thing and it's set in a war. not particularly wwii or anything, just a made up war that drafts :)

tw//death, mentions of weapons, war, angst and fluff

~~~~

"Virgil? No, please don't leave me, Virgil! Hold on, I'll be right back, just keep fighting, please!" Logan looks around and spies him. He shot Virgil and he will pay for it, Logan will make sure of it.

He dodged his way through the battlefield, avoiding bullets and explosions as he reloaded his gun. He kept his eyes trained on his enemy, his hair had a singular white streak, making it easy to spot him through the chaos. He was malicious, seemingly enjoying his spree on the broken soldiers. Logan got close enough, this was his chance, but he hesitated. He'd never been one for violence, but the draft didn't care about personal morals.

Too late. He noticed him and, in slow motion, smirked while aiming his gun at the boy's chest. Bang. Logan was knocked back, pain resonating through his body. The man stood above him, his laugh was enough to make Logan shiver. "You actually thought you could shoot me? Well, you had your chance, you hesitated, nothing personal, kid. This is war after all, there's no time for second thoughts." His crooked smile matched his crooked accent as he ran off to take another life. Logan felt tears slip down his face.

No time, he needed to get to Virgil. If he had to die, he was going to do it with Virgil. He crawled as best as he could to his boyfriend. Finally reaching him, he held his hand, relieved when he squeezed back. "L-Lo, did you ever think it'd end like this?" Virgil weakly spoke, Logan huffed amusedly, "No. I imagined settling down with someone, living with them as we grow old, maybe dying together in our sleep." Virgil smiled and slowly turned to the logical boy. "Promise me, if we both die, right here, right now, we will meet again in the next life." Tears formed in their eyes as they stared at each other, "I promise."

Logan pulled his boyfriend into his arms, hugging him as close as possible as they both drifted into darkness.

~~~~

Virgil lazily slumped into his chair. "Remus! Remus, give it back!" Roman ran around the room chasing his twin. Virgil scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Hey kiddo! How are you doing?" Patton asked him, Patton was really Virgil's only friend. Sure he had Remy and Emile but they barely knew him. 

He shrugged, "Same as every day, not good, not bad, just meh." Patton was about to say something, likely an attempt to cheer him up, but the teacher entered the room and settled everyone down. 

"Okay, today we have a new student. Before he gets here, I would like to tell you some things. I know how most of you are, you think I don't notice but I do. So, please, for everything in this world, don't be bullies in my classroom. If you try anything, I will ensure you'll be punished-" "Heyo!" Roman shouted from the front of the classroom, everyone laughing in response. The teacher ran a hand down his face, likely reaching his limit for the day.

The door squeaked open, revealing a nerdy boy wearing glasses and a tie. Virgil perked up once spying the boy, he adored how he seemed awkward yet sophisticated, much like Virgil saw himself. He really hated clichés but man did this boy change his mind about them. The whole heartbeat, slow motion, eyes glimmering ordeal, Virgil almost felt in love.

"Okay so, Logan, why don't you tell us something about yourself?" He shifted uncomfortably and looked to his feet. "Well, I grew up in a military family so I'm used to moving around a lot, but the one thing I've always depended on to keep me calm was always space. The stars, galaxies, supernovas, just- everything about it helps me cope with never having friends that last long." Virgil noticed how interested he truly was about the subject.

"Well you're in for quite the experience in my class as we clearly go into detail in our astronomy lesson. Now, let's see, you can sit next to Virgil back there." Logan, as Virgil now learned, scanned the area before spotting the small hand raise from Virgil. He smiled softly at him and made his way to the seat a few rows back. 

They'd never met each other yet they somehow knew they were more than anything and everything, they knew that what they had was bigger than anyone in that room at that moment, even if their conversation was brief and bland, they knew they were simply meant to be.