Chapter 1

Xander POV
I scrolled through my gallery looking at pictures I took of Maya when she was still alive. I chuckled when I recalled the memory when we first kissed. She got annoyed cause she used a pick-up line on me and I wasn't a hundred percent sure that she actually wanted to kiss me. So she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me into a passionate kiss. I suddenly felt sad. And threw my phone on me bed, before running boh my hands through my hair. And my mind kept going back to the nerdy girl I saw in the hallway that looked like Maya. Then there was a quiet knock at my door. "Go away!" I said thinking it was one of my parents. "I'm coming in!" I heard my little sister's voice and he click of the door opening. I laid down on my bed and put an arm over my face. "Are you okay." My sister, Chloe says and the bed dipped when she sat down next to me.

"I'm fine!" I lied. "You're not fine! Look I may have never met the girl but. The way you talked about her... I could tell you loved her. And what Xaiden did was shitty, but you can't let him win. Show him that you won't take his shit anymore!" I removed my arm from my face and embraced Chloe into a tight hug. "Thank you, ya know your kinda a good sister!" I teased her and released her from my hold. "I know." She flipped her hair behind her shoulder and smiled at me playfully. I gave her a forced smile in return. "Okay!" She stood up and walked to my door and yelled before slamming my door shut "Get some sleep mister!" I chuckled and responded by yelling back "No promises!" I stood up and changed into a random pair of sweatpants. Then I again flopped down on my bed. And darkness soon consumed.

Gwen POV
I woke up to the vibrations of my phone. Opening my eyes to grab my phone. And memories from last night rushed into my brain when I saw my naked body. Tears stun my eyes. Easton and I went to a party and he got drunk and forced himself on me after I drove him home. The person I loved, raped me. Slowly I turned my head behind me and saw Easton's bare back. My bottom lip quivered as I tried my best to hold back sobs, I could still hear my screams from last night echoing in my ears. I was scared. And if I left him, he would... Hurt me. I grabbed my clothes that were scattered on the ground, slipping them on quietly trying my best to not wake him. A sob escaped my lips. But I quickly covered my mouth with my hand. Easton stirred in his sleep but thankfully did not wake up.

Once I finished putting on my clothes I headed for the door. When I heard the bed squeak. I froze in my spot, and shut my eyes tightly not hoping that he had just turned in his sleep. But I knew that wasn't he case. "What're you doing!" He said in a demanding tone. I flinched further toward the door in fear of what was going to happen next. "I didn't want my mom to worry." I made up a lie. My mother never cared where I went as long as I stayed out of her and her dates way. "You're lying!" I could tell he was getting upset with me. "You told me yourself, your mother doesn't care!" Easton wasn't always like this. At the beginning of our relationship, he was sweet, shy, and caring. But it's like I don't even know him anymore. "Turn around!" He told me. I obeyed, not wanting him to be even more upset about me trying to leave.

"I know you're lying." He stalked towards me as if I was his prey. I took a step backwards and now my back was now on the door. "You even told me your mom doesn't give a shit about what you do!" I closed my eyes hoping that he would believe my lie this time "I just don't want to be late for school and my mom is probably past out drunk on the kitchen floor so I want to make sure she's okay." I spoke softly. "See was that so hard." He touched my cheek and began caressing it. I shifted my gaze from the floor to Easton and smiled about how he was understanding about this. And when I was about to say thank you. He slapped me as hard as he could. "Don't lie to me again!"  He warned. I nodded before opening the door and running downstairs to get out of his house.