xx. anger and gangers part two

Start from the beginning

As he approached her slowly and carefully, Charlotte stands up from the seat. "You don't have to hide," he told her in a low whisper. "Please, trust me. I'm the Doctor."

With a loud hiss, Cleaves, with her face unformed, turned to the Doctor. Jumping to her feet, Amy steps forward alongside Charlotte. Buzzer, who was closely watching this, quickly grabs a knife set on the table but could only budge in Jimmy's grip.

"Where's the real Cleaves, you thing?!" He shouted at her, the knife still held in his hand. "What have you done with her?!"

Not paying any attention to Buzzer's lashing out, the Doctor gave all focus to Cleave's Ganger. "That's it, good. You remember. This is early flesh, the early stages of the technology. So much..." Reaching his hand out, only touching Cleaves' face slightly before she flinched. "... to learn."

"Doctor, what's happened to her?"

"She can't stabilize," he answers Amy. "She's shifting between half-formed and full-formed. For now, at least."

"We are living!" Cried Cleaves, pushing past the Doctor she sprints out of the dining room, screaming.

Once she left, running down the corridor, the Doctor glances around the room. "Let her go," he told them, dropping his hands to his side.

Charlotte turns to face the Doctor with her fists balled. "Doctor, Rory," she tried to remind him but he looked over to her with his head tilted.

"'Rory?'"

In exasperation, Amy spun around with her arms up in the air. "Rory!"

"Oh, Rory." Sighing, the Doctor finally remembered. "Rory! Always with the Rory!"

---

Each holding a flashlight, the Doctor, Amy, Jimmy, and Charlotte exited one of the many buildings that built up the Monastery. Turning a corner, Jimmy held his arms out, halting any of them from walking across a large patch of acid on the ground.

"The explosion must've ruptured the acid feeds," Jimmy said. "We're going to need the acid suits."

"No, no, no." Shaking his head, the Doctor looked up from the acid. "We haven't got time. Back, back, back." Backing away in the opposite direction, they began running.

---

Running down a spiral staircase, Charlotte was the first to run into the dim washroom. Looking over to the stalls, she instantly noticed a whole in one of the doors apparently punched through and now had a ray of light coming in from it.

"Rory!" Shouts Amy, as she entered the washroom.

"Of course," says the Doctor when he spots the stall's hole. "Jennifer's a ganger, too."

As Jimmy stares at the hole wide-eyed, Amy looked over to the Doctor, her eyebrows scrunched up in worry. "Doctor," she whispered to him, "you said they wouldn't be violent."

"But I did say they were scared and angry." He moves away from the group and goes to the mirror- where a large crack was made.

"And early technology is what you said," Jimmy reminded as he approached from behind. "You seem to know something about the flesh."

The Doctor turns back to face the three of them with his jaw clenched, looking to Amy who looks back to him in confusion. "Do you? Doctor?" 

Knowing what he was thinking of, Charlotte's breath hitched as she looked between the two, her eyes landing on Amy the most.

"You're no weatherman," Jimmy correctly guessed. "Why are you really here?"

The Doctor shakes his head. "I have to talk to them. I can fix this." At that, he turns and began running up the staircase with Amy following and Charlotte not far behind.