Why did he defend me?

It's later the same night and the boys and I are in their room trying to sink in what happened today. Josh paces the floor while Drake and I sit up top and watch.

"How could you get me into a fight with Buck?" Josh still pacing.

"Oh this is my fault," Drake says. I guess he completely forgot about the blackmailing and everything. 

"Oh let me think... yes!" Josh snaps. I want to say something but I have nothing. I don't what I could say to ease the tension here. "You realize he is going to destroy me"

"He is not going going to destroy you" for a second I thought that he might be trying to cheer Josh up... but then I thought about it again... and no. 

"He's huge and Stupid. That's a bad combination!"

"You're right. He's going to kill you" I hit Drake's arm and Josh gives him a dirty look. "Hey can I have your computer" I jit Drake's arm again and then Josh starts pacing again. There is a little silence and then Drake speaks up. "I've got it!" 

"What?"

"Alright. Now got get us some sodas and I will write it down" Drake says leaving us on a cliff hanger. Josh looks at me and I just give him a pleasing look. He rolls his eyes and walks out the door leaving Drake and me alone. It's silent between the two of us for a moment or two. "Hey..." Drake says breaking the silence and drawing my attention. I look at him and see his face looking not as happy as he was 2 seconds ago. "I'm sorry about what I send... you being a not so great sister and all. I guess at the moment I was just mad?" I turn my body to face him more. "You said that you Josh are always there for one another... and that's so cool. But I was just jealous because I don't have that" I know where he is coming from but I also know it's not true... not anymore. You stop and think... he has a little sister who isn't even thinking about being a teenager or going to high school so he can't really adult talk with her. Then there is his mom... well sometimes you want to talk about things your parents shouldn't know. Finally, they are both girls. He doesn't have a guy in the house to talk to... or at least... he didn't. I think he is still trying to comprehend and accept the fact that now he has two men to talk to... but he is still really uncomfortable because he isn't used to it.

I move closer to Drake and with no hesitation, I wrap my arms around him and tell him.

"It's okay" I pull away and look him in the eyes. "I know how you feel. You and I are kinda the same. I have a brother and a dad... but... who do I have to talk to when it comes to girl problems"

"Ew," Drake cringes missing my point.

"My point is that I didn't have anyone to talk about dresses, fashion... or even boys. And when you have a dorky brother like Josh there isn't much room to talk about cool things like music or having a fun night out" I bring this last little bit up to help Drake feel more comfortable around not only me but in the conversation. "But now you have that. You have some many people here now that are willing to listen and will try to give you the best answers and advice... including me" He looks down and then back up at me and chuckles.

"Thanks, Y/n" He says and then wraps his arms around me. I feel my heart beating a million miles an hour but this time... i'm okay with it. 

################################################################################

Monday morning rolls around and I wake up with knots in my stomach and feeling total nauseous. I get up out of bed and head to the kitchen and I see Dad at the table with his coffee and paper.

"Morning Dad," I say opening the fridge.

"Morning," He says looking up at me with a smile. Suddenly the thought of today hit me and I feel light-headed. I grab the carton of orange juice out the fridge but then suddenly it falls out of my had and falls to the floor. "Honey? Are you okay?" I hear dad say but it's faded like he is standing far away from me.

"Y/n?" I hear a familiar voice and I look up to see Drake standing next to me.

"Drake?" I speak faintly and then suddenly everything went black. 

Drake POV

################################################################################

"Drake?" Y/n says faintly. I watch as her color goes away and her eyes roll in the back of her head.

"Y/n!" I yell in a panic as she falls backward. I catch her in my arms and put a hand on my face. "Yn... Y/n wake up" I shake her a little and try to wake her up but she just stays there in my arms completely lifeless. I look up and around the living room trying to see if there is anyone around but there isn't. "Mom!" I call out hoping she can hear my cry.

"What?!" I hear her yell from her bedroom but she doesn't come running.

"Mom! Please help me! It's Y/n!" I call out again and then here and Mr. Nichols comes running. They look down at me holding her lifeless body and the just look shock. "She just passed out. She was going to say something but then she just... became this" I look back down at her closed eyes wanting them so badly to open.

"Okay, I'll call that doctor from just down the street and see if he can come here," Mom says rushing into the kitchen.

"Drake, take Y/n to her bedroom and lay her down on her bed" As much as I dislike Mr. Nichols and would never do what he says... at this moment I do as he says and bring Y/n her room and lay her down. I look down at her and rub her face again.

"Y/n please wake up" I don't know why I am bothering... she can't hear me but I wish she could.