"So, I only know what I could find out." Rose clarified once she took a seat opposite the blonde, who had chosen to sit beside Stefan. "Trevor and I met your father two years ago. He was freshly turned, humanity-free, and blood-thirsty. We offered him our help, which he denied."

"He was always stubborn," Klara confirmed with a slight nod as a flicker of a smile appeared on her lips as she reminisced. "He was never the type to accept help."

"Okay. But why'd he come after Klara?" Damon deadpanned while his eyes were firmly on the pixie-haired vampire who offered the information. "And how'd he know about Elena?"

"It seems that when our deal with Elijah went south and you guys saved Elena, Elijah had a fail-safe." Rose turned her attention from Damon, back to Klara. "Your father."

"My dad was working for Elijah?" The human almost scoffed in sudden disbelief that her father would even be capable of doing something like that. "But that doesn't sound right. I mean, what the hell would he even get out of that?"

"It seems logical." Stefan placed his hand sympathetically on his best friend's shoulder, who appeared to be having a hard time dealing with the newfound information. "I'm sorry, this is a lot to take in."

Klara immediately shook her head and plastered a smile on her face. "I'm fine." Stefan and Damon both eyed her up suspiciously as she lifted herself up to her feet. "My dad died the moment he left Mystic Falls. The moment he left me. Now, If you'll excuse me, I need some air."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A sigh escaped Klara's lips as she walked through the forest toward the tomb, where Katherine trapped. Damon had placed Katherine in the tomb the night of the masquerade ball and Elena had decided to quiz her doppelganger on what she knew about Klaus.

The petite blonde wandered down the stone steps and saw Elena sitting just outside the opening to the tomb. Her eyes dropped to Katherine, who was sitting looking rather haggard in the same outfit she wore the last time they had seen each other.

"So, this is where you've been hiding." Klara hummed. She moved over to Elena and leaned against the stone wall.

Elena's eyes connected with the blondes. "You didn't tell Stefan, did you?"

"Of course she has," Katherine mumbled. Her voice was the same as Elena's, though Katherine's continued a slightly harsher undertone. More venomous. "She's Stefan's best friend. She wouldn't do anything to go against him."

"Oh, give me some credit, I can keep a secret. I just wanted to get the hell outta' that house for a while." Klara rolled her eyes and sat herself down beside Elena on the dusty floor of the tomb. "Have I missed anything interesting?"

"Katherine was just explaining what the Petrova bloodline has to do with Klaus." Elena voiced as her eyes drifted to the small-cap of blood she had previously given the vampire to help battle against the desiccation process.

"It's really tedious, but the curse was bound by the sacrifice of Petrova blood. Witches are crafty with their spells. The doppelganger was created as a way to be able to undo the spell."

"So when a new Petrova doppelganger reappeared, the curse was able to be broken once more." Klara's voice trailed off which earned her a nod from the imprisoned doppelganger.

"So you ran before he killed you?" Elena raised an eyebrow.

"Something like that. I sought aid from Rose and Trevor." 

"Rose never ended up taking you back to Klaus, did she?" Elena asked. Her legs were lifted up toward her chest and her arm rested lazily across her knees.