"And that for a reason!"

"Jaskier is way more mature than you give him credit for. Hasn't he helped us, especially you, a lot in the past? And I'm not only talking about the last six months."

"He has," Geralt mumbled, lowering his head in defeat.

A strand of his hair fell over his shoulder, dangling above Crevan's tummy. Excitedly, our little fox stuck his tiny hand out, trying to grab his father's hair but not quite reaching it. Upset, he started sobbing. I chuckled, rocking him up and down.

"Let you son grab his daddy's hair, minne," I chuckled at Geralt. Instead of doing so, Geralt tucked the fallen strand back behind his ear and reached behind my back, retrieving a strand of my hair from my braid instead.

"I think mummy's hair would be better for that," he returned my chuckle, letting my hair dangle right in front of our son's tiny fist for him to grab. When the small hand closed around the strand, Geralt leaned in to whisper into my ear. His hot breath fanned over my ear and neck.

"You're the only person who gets to tug on my hair," he murmured darkly, a glint in his eyes when my face whipped around to look at him. I couldn't hide a small blush.

"Geralt!" I whisper-shouted at him, feigning shock, "I literally just gave birth to our child, and this is all you can think of?!"

Geralt let out a throaty laugh. "I'm just kidding, my love." And with a smirk he added, "Still, I mean it."

I shook my head, laughing. A quiet coo brought our attention back to the small child in my arms. Crevan was peering up at us, his big, blue eyes curious.

"Better you don't understand what your daddy meant by that," I smiled down at our son.

"When you're old enough, I'll teach you everything you need to know to make the girls fall for you."

"I think he'll manage on his own. Look at him; he's gorgeous. He'll grow up handsome, just like his daddy."

Geralt smiled down at our little one. If he could cry, I know that right now, he would.

"I still can't believe you made this tiny person," he whispered.

"We did that. Really, what do they teach you in Kaer Morhen that you don't know that it takes two to make a child," I laughed.

"Well... since witchers are not supposed to have children, we are mostly taught in identifying and killing monsters, lifting curses, fighting... you know, that kind of stuff," Geralt shrugged.

I knew he meant it more or less as a joke, but I couldn't help the pang of sadness in my chest when I was once again reminded that my husband, the love of my life, didn't really have a childhood.

"How much will he be like you?" I mumbled.

"I don't know. I can sense magic on him."

I nodded. I felt it too. During the whole pregnancy if I was completely honest. I even think it was the magic inside Crevan that drained my strength, left me weak and depending on others. Ana's pregnancy with her daughter wasn't as draining. Sure, she too had been exhausted, but her legs had supported her weight for the whole nine months, she never needed to be carried around.

"I just don't know how strong he will be."

"What are we going to do if the Brotherhood shows up?" I asked, worried. I hadn't heard much about the Brotherhood of Sorcerers, but what I've heard – apart of what Triss told me – was bad. Real bad. And I've heard that if they want to recruit a person, they will not stop until they have them.