✦ 03

Elena had found herself staring at her alarm clock as it had buzzed, indicating it were time for her to start the day. She dragged herself out of bed. Sluggishly walking to her bathroom to shower before meeting Stefan and Damon at the Salvatore boarding house before school.

She parked her car into the driveway and made her way to the front door. Before proceeding to knock, Elena were alarmed to see Damon already at the door—holding it wide open. With his crooked smirk, he greeted her in a cheery voice, "Mornin Elena." He replied to her as she returned the smile.

"Wanna tell us what Klaus is up to?" Damon asked as he sat on the arm of the couch with a glass of bourbon. Stefan sat just across from Elena, his arms folded and eager to hear what Elena had to say. "He wanted to apologize..." she said as the words slipped out of her mouth, earning a loud chuckle from Damon. "Your stupid if you believe all he wanted was to apologize—I don't buy none of it." Stefan nodded in agreement causing Elena to heavily sigh. Unsure of what to say.

"I don't know what you want me to say?" She muttered to the two brothers. "Maybe he isn't up to anything—maybe we're wrong?" Damon had raised a brow, looking at the Gilbert girl like she had gone completely nuts. "That's funny." Damon choked up in an unamused tone. "You're joking?" He mutters, stifling a small grin stretched across his face. Elena nods, shrugging her shoulders.

"Maybe he's got a crush on her, heh?" Damon replies as he nudged his brothers shoulder. Elena had tried to ignore Damon's comment at once. "Don't be funny, Damon. If I see Klaus again—I'll let you guys know." Elena murmurs in a low voice as she throws her bag over her shoulder before seeing herself out of the Salvatore home.

Later that night, Elena had shown up at the Mystic Grill again but this time Klaus were nowhere in sight. Or so she thought. He'd already known that she were there. Elena sat at the table across from the bartender, working on her studies. Klaus had intentionally cleared his throat as he had taken a seat next to the brunette whom were consumed in her schoolwork.

She glanced at him for a moment and resumed back to her studies—wanting to pretend Klaus weren't there. "Need some help?" He mumbles to the Gilbert girl causing her to jump a bit at his voice. "Easy, love. I'm not going to bite?" He whispers with a smirk. Elena looked at him whilst rolling her eyes, annoyed slightly. "I'm fine. I don't need your help—but thanks." She says as she picks herself up from her seat before proceeding to leave she had felt a hand grip her arm.

"Elena..thank you for last night." He whispers to her in a low voice—causing her heart to thud rapidly. Elena nods slightly before seeing herself out of the bar at last and headed home.

here i am updating after millions of years,, enjoy this part.💕