"I—I didn't tell you this earlier, because I thought I was just being ridiculous. Especially with the nightmares and the sleepwalking. But the other week, when you gave me the SUV for the day, I swear I saw a group of guys with red eyes."

       Adriel was silent for a moment, but that hand continued to stroke through my hair and lull the terror away. "Really?" His voice was quiet in my ear, but not surprised. I guess the whole 'me screaming about a shadowed man in my room' was the cherry on top of my insanity, and nothing I said seemed surprising now. In all honesty, I judged him for not sending me away to a looney bin.

       "Yeah, I'm convinced they were just contacts, though. But I think that's where the dreams are coming from."

       Adriel shrugged and pulled gently on the ends of my hair. "Maybe, but don't be afraid to tell me something like that next time. I won't think you're crazy."

       "Yeah right." I grumbled against his bare skin. He chuckled, and the sound shook through my entire body.

       He never wore a shirt to bed, a fact I admired quite a lot whenever we ran into each other in the middle of the night. His body and muscles were nicely toned from his job, but not overly buff like those gym junkies. Still, I knew those fists could do some serious damage to anyone who tried him.

       He also had this huge intricate knot tattoo running from the top of his left shoulder down to his elbow. One time I asked him what the design was supposed mean, but he had just glanced down at it before shrugging and said, "Not sure, I just liked it". I wasn't quite sure why I found that nonchalant response so attractive.

       "We're all a little crazy. The world wouldn't be any fun if we weren't."

       "Are you admitting to being crazy, Mr. Perfect Adriel Marko?" I teased and forced myself to pull away from him.

       His lips pulled up at the corners. "Only a little." Then he leaned slightly forward and bumped his forehead against mine. "Can you go back to sleep, or do you want to watch a movie with me?"

       "Movie, please." I answered without hesitation. It's not that I wouldn't have been able to fall back asleep, he had chased all the fear away, but I jumped at any chance to hang around him when he was shirtless and not being all arrogant.

       "Alright, Chainsaw Massacre, or As Above so Below, you pick." His smile with teasing as I groaned.

       "I just had a nightmare, Dri. Why can't we watch like Princess Diaries, or something?" I pushed against his shoulders in annoyance.

       He 'hm-ed' curiously, his face pulling into a serious scowl like the decision took a lot of thought. "The first or the second?"

       "Second, obviously."

       "Deal."

-&-

       "Larkin! Over here!" I glanced across the large studio styled room to see Siena, of all people, waving at me. I gave her a polite nod but kept my steps cautious as I walked towards her. Last I knew the pretty goth girl didn't give one flying bat wing about me. Hehe, get it?

       "Hey Siena." I greeted and set my stuff down on the easel beside her.

       "Hey, look, I wanted to apologize for yesterday. Despite what River says, I'm not usually like that. It just takes me a minute to warm up to people." I instantly relaxed at the apologetic smile pulling on her purple stained lips.