Chapter 85

"You know, I still think the only way the New Directions even got second place was because they did Michael Jackson," Santana commented. Quinn took a sip of her coffee, content with listening to the group discussion on the Troubletone's Regionals set list. She was in the Lima Bean with Santana, Brittany, Tina, Mike, Blaine, and of course Ryan. They had tried out Wanna Be Startin' Something that afternoon with Blaine leading, and it had turned out admittedly well. The group had been interested in doing a Jackson set list for Regionals after seeing the New Directions do it.

Ryan disagreed though. "While I think Blaine was amazing this afternoon, I think we should keep our options open. Michael Jackson's just another artist, I don't see what the big deal is."

"What? Come on, dude, MJ is awesome," Mike grinned.

"Yeah, you've got to have a favorite Michael Jackson memory," Blaine agreed.

Ryan shrugged. "I don't know, I just never really connected with him the way I did to either of the Stephens. Sondheim, Schwartz," he clarified when he received several confused looks. "I never really got what he was about."

"Okay, I'd throw this hot mocha in your face, but it isn't nearly scalding enough," Santana told him.

"Try it and die, Satan," Quinn said lightly, not quite as invested in the discussion as the others. She appreciated MJ, but there were plenty of other artists they could pay tribute to. "Besides, don't you guys think it's kind of a rip-off to do the same idea New Directions pulled off?"

"Oh please, they did not pull it off," Santana rolled her eyes. "They barely gave it a tug."

"Well, since you're obviously all so jazzed about him, I'm sure we could make room in our Regionals set list for a Jackson number," Ryan nodded. He was open to all forms of music of course, and he had to admit that there were several good Jackson songs.

Suddenly they were joined by a new voice. "If it isn't my favorite rival glee club." Sebastian Smythe had appeared. Ryan wasn't sure if he was still surprised, the Warbler had the strange habit of showing up whenever he and Blaine were at the Lima Bean.

"Do you live here?" Ryan asked Sebastian curiously. "It seems as if you always somehow appear out of thin air." Either that or he was stalking one of them...

"It's a magic trick," Sebastian winked, sliding smoothly into a chair. "Maybe I'll even tell you sometime. Of course, I've got other tricks you might be interested in..."

"And who are you again?" Santana narrowed her eyes.

"Sebastian Smythe," the Warbler said smoothly, reaching over to grab her hand and give it a quick kiss. "And I'm the new captain of the Warblers. Let me guess... Santana Lopez," he smiled charmingly, before looking at the rest of the people there. "Brittany Pierce, Mike Chang, Tina Cohen-Chang, Quinn Fabray - lovely to see you again - and of course Ryan Corcoran and Blaine Anderson." He winked at Blaine.

"Impressive," Quinn noted dryly. "Stalking us?"

"I do my homework."

Blaine intervened. "I may have told him about you guys."

Brittany smiled happily. "San, he's kinda cute."

"I don't know, Britts, he kind of looks like a meerkat," Santana said nastily. Sebastian just smirked.

"Come on, admit it, I'm hot," he said cockily. "And if you're up for a threesome, I can definitely oblige..."

"Okay," Ryan said hastily. "Did you want something, Sebastian?"

"Just wanted to say hi," Sebastian grinned carelessly. He turned his smile onto Blaine. "I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup, Blaine."

"I'll just bet you are," Ryan murmured into his coffee, low enough for only Quinn to hear from her position pressed up against him. She let out a small snort. It was obvious Sebastian was into Blaine. And Ryan. And maybe even Santana. God that boy was a flirt.