"For a change. I'm up to second chances anyway." The lesser interest I pour, the safer my purpose.

And I don't exactly know why I'm doing this. It's just that, something was urging me to do so.

The company was smaller, than I thought, and the woman at the information desk was too overwhelmed with our sudden visit.

We went directly to the CEO's office since Lance was acquainted with her.

On our way, I can't stop glancing at him, the thought of his relationship with that woman was bothersome.

Napansin niya ang mga titig ko at bigla siyang napatawa.

"I know what you're thinking. You're wrong, okey? She's I think forty years old up. Though she still look hot she's just not my type," wika niya.

Though I kept silent, I'm sure he had an idea already.

"Whatever," he added. Humarap siya sa pinto at kumatok.

He repeated the gesture a couple of times before the door swung open. It revealed to me a young lady, the one who was infront  and an older one sitting on her swivel chair.

I presumed the latter was the CEO.

"Mr. Clark!"

I didn't know to whom she was referring to. She might have forgotten there's two of us, but the stare confirmed it was for me.

The secretary made us seat, and the CEO smiled with relish.

"Hi,Mrs?"

"It's Miss Ream Leandres."

Lance was right, the lady appears to be in her fourthies but still a miss.

"Vaughnn Clark," I replied and received her hand laid infront for a handshake.

"I feel you have something to talk about, right? So I guess I need to leave the two of you," Lance said. He immediately fled away without waiting for my response. What a dork.

"It's great to have you here, Mr. Clark. What would you like us to talk about?"

"Can you tour me around your marketing department?" I asked. Going directly to the point will save me time. I have a tight schedule today but here I am.

She agreed and minutes later, I was at the floor where her employees at that department worked.

"Here they are. Everyone seems to be busy. Magla-launch kasi kami ng new product this June."

Another product? Parang kalalabas lang ng produkto nila 3 tatlong buwan ang nakalipas pero na-wipe out na agad sa market.

"Where's the team who proposed the product?"

I had a hunch that this was the content of their proposal. A little while, she called a woman by the name Drea and labeled her as the product manager. I was expecting it to be someone and I can't stop my eyes from roaming around to spot the one I've been looking for.

"Are you looking for something Mr. Clark?" the CEO asked.

"It is someone actually," I responded. "I was told that Hanaiah Virellares is working here?"

The CEO confirmed that indeed, she's an employee here. I'm glad Lance's information are all accurate.

"Can you please call her?"

But Drea protested, insisting that she's the one who knows the product well. However, it's not what I needed now. I turned back and was about to leave. I detest such action.

"Wait, Mr. Clark, please give us a minute. Ngayon pa lang kasi siya papasok," the CEO called. It made me face her.

"Next time, teach your people the proper attitude."

"Pagpasensyahan n'yo na po siya. She was just stressed from work and didn't have proper sleep yet," she said, covering the mistake of her subordinate.

"I have more stress to handle than her," I replied, without a spark of interest.

Drea apologized but I couldn't see any hint of sincerity from her words.

Nevertheless, I accepted her sorry.

"So, where is Hanaiah?" I asked again. Hindi naman sa nagmamadali ako pero may hinahabol din akong oras.

"She is coming. Jimma? Will you please text her to hurry?"

****

"What are you planning to do?" Dad asked. His eyes fixed on mine. Probably trying to read my mind.

I've been coming to Hanaiah's company a couple of times and the news reached his ear. A personal reason will never appease him and I have never made such attempt before.

"I'm at the midst of reviewing the proposal," I replied. Apparently, it was not a good one. The flaws can be corrected, but I don't know if it will attract the buyers. Isa pa, none of their products lasted long. I'm guessing they just managed to survive by relying on their sister company.

"There is nothing to review, Vaughnn! The company is a mess. They don't even deserve a spot for your attention!" he hissed.

I know where that all that came from, he was right. Hindi sikat ang kompanya nila Hanaiah. I won't even take a second look upon reading their background.

"Trust me with this one," I stated. I never make mistake, but if I do, I got ways to get out of it. I will never make decision  that would drag the company down.

"Check Dayang company!" he oredered. I even heard the sound of folder hitting the table. Dad turned his swivel chair at the opposite direction, making him view the scene outside our company.

Kinuha ko ang folder at nagpaalam na. Upon reaching my own office, I read the files.

I see, the issue with Dayang and Azeah six years ago. Both company was doing well not until this scandal broke.

Napahilot ako sa sintido. This was gonna be a hard work for me. It's not my thing to take higher risk, I have more choices. . .

But Han. . .