seven.

⁺◟ chapter seven

chapter seven . . .
i literally want nothing to
do with him at this point.

15 may 2020

15 may 2020

hyori whines and lets her arms stretch out on the wooden table, her cheek flat down against the surface.

eric rolls his eyes, patting the girl's back. "there there," he coos. "we're almost done."

the girl pouts, turning her head to look at the boy. her eyes trail over to the window behind him, noticing that the sun's beginning to set by how the sky's painted with orange, pink, and purple hues.

"'ric," she deadpans, pointing at the window behind him. eric looks at what she's pointing at. "it's literally almost night."

"yeah," he says, "but we only have a few more questions to go over before we finish studying for the test tomorrow."

hyori sighs. "i guess you're right."

just then, the boy's phone dings in the silent library. some students looked at the embarrassed boy, glaring at him while he shyly waves at them, mumbling a quiet sorry.

hyori sits up and leans over to look at his phone. "who was it?" she asks.

her question goes through one ear and out the other as eric gulps, a little taken aback from how close their faces are.

"eric?" hyori calls out, furrowing her eyebrows. "are you okay?"

"y-yes!" he says, eyes instantly falling down to the device in his hands. he unlocks his phone and opens his messages: hyunjoon had texted him.

hyori hums. "what did joon say?" she asks, looking down at eric's phone.

"he said that he's sorry for not being able to come to today's study sess," he says, "dance practice ended up taking longer than he expected."

laughing quietly, hyori replies. "understandable. their recital is just right around the corner."

the girl sighs, leaning back into her seat. she stretches, arms reaching upwards and fingers wiggling. hyori's arms fall back to her side; her hand reaches out and grabs hold of her pencil, scribbling down numbers on the sheet of paper in front of her.