"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, ghosts and - most particularly- guests," said Dumbledore, beaming around at the foreign students. "I have great pleasure in welcoming you all to Hogwarts. I hope and trust that your stay here will be both comfortable and enjoyable." 

One of the Beauxbatons students, clutching a muffler around her head, gave a derisive laugh.

"The tournament will be officially opened at the end of the feast," said Dumbledore. "I now invite you all to eat, drink, and make yourselves at home!" 

The plates filled as Dumbledore sat down. There were the usual foods, but there were also new dishes that Lalia assumed were traditional to the other two schools.  

Lalia turned to see a girl with silvery blonde hair walk from the Gryffindor table back to the Ravenclaw table with a dish in hand. Lalia noticed the stares of many boys she passed by and scrunched her nose. The girl was clearly beautiful, but she was unsure what had gathered so much attention. Shrugging, Lalia turned back to Luna who explained one of the new foods to all of them. 

A second course of dessert appeared that disappeared much quicker due to the students feeling sufficiently stuffed already. 

Once the golden plates were wiped cleaned, Dumbledore stood again. Lalia noticed that Ludo Bagman and a man she had yet to see before filled in the two remaining seats at the staff table. 

"The moment has come," said Dumbledore, smiling around at the sea of upturned faces. "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket- just to clarify the procedure that we will be following this year. But first, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation" - there was a smattering of polite applause - "and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports." 

There was much louder applause for Ludo Bagman than Crouch, possibly due to his reputation as a Beater. Bagman waved, whereas Crouch showed no acknowledgment. 

"Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements for the Triwizard Tournament," Dumbledore continued, "and they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime on the panel that will judge the champions' efforts."

Dumbledore smiled as he said, "the casket, then, if you please, Mr. Filch."

Filch now approached Dumbledore carrying a great wooden chest encrusted with jewels. It looked extremely old.  Many students rose in interest to see it. 

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman," said Dumbledore as Filch placed the chest carefully on the table before him, "and they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways... their magical prowess - their daring - their powers of deduction - and, of course, their ability to cope with danger."

Dumbledore now took out his wand and tapped three times upon the top of the casket. The lid slowly creaked open. Dumbledore reached inside and pulled out a large, roughly hewn wooden cup. A cup that was filled to the brim with dancing blue- white flames. 

Lalia's ears began humming as her eyes focused in of the cup placed carefully on the casket. She heard her own heartbeat, but could not hear the words Dumbledore was saying. She felt the color drain from her face as horror sank into her heart. She looked at the Gryffindor table, but Harry remained focused on Professor Dumbledore. 

"Lalia, are you okay?" Luna asked her softly. She seemed to be the only one who had noticed the girl's worried face. 

"Harry... I need Harry," Lalia managed to say. When Dumbledore dismissed the hall many stayed behind to talk. Luna took this opportunity to help Lalia stand up and lead her over to the Gryffindor she was asking for who now stood at the door to the hall.